Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Biology, RNA and Targeted Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Requisition ID: 4909190916
Janssen BioPharma Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Scientist, Biology, RNA and Targeted Therapeutics located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen BioPharma Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Oligonucleotide Therapeutics Group, part of RNA and Targeted Therapeutics at Janssen Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated scientist to lead ongoing projects in discovery of novel therapeutic agents to treat indications in Infectious Diseases, Oncology and other related areas. The Scientist will be conduct innovative, critical-path discovery research to validate targets, elucidate mechanism of action and optimize activity of therapeutic agents. The successful candidate will aggressively make laboratory-based contributions to achieve research milestones. In addition, working with cross-functional teams, the successful candidate will lead and support the advancement of novel therapeutic approaches to diseases with high unmet need.
- Design and implement key biological experiments for evaluating therapeutic agents, defining mechanism of action, and validating targets. While these will be mainly in vitro based experiments, the ability to perform, manage and interpret in vivo disease models is preferred.
- Perform independent and collaborative research in a dynamic laboratory environment
- Manage research activities with external collaborators at CROs and academic partners
- Make detailed scientific observations, thoroughly analyze data, interpret results and clearly present conclusions to supervisors, colleagues and senior management
- Participate on project teams where you will lead or collaborate on efforts to discover and develop novel therapeutic agents
- Develop synergies with colleagues in the Targeted & Oligonucleotide Therapeutics, Therapeutic Areas and Early Development in order to perform innovative research and develop novel therapeutic agents
- A PhD is required
- At least 2 years of productive research in cell biology or directly relevant fields, either in academia or pharmaceutical industry experience is required
- Broad experience in target identification strategies, for example, genomics, tissue-based analysis and phenotypic screening is required
- Hands on expertise in target validation techniques, preferably a combination of gene targeting (RNAi, CRISPR); gene expression (Southern blot, Northern blot, qPCR) is preferred; signaling networks (Western blot, Luminex and/or MSD, ELISA) and cellular assays (reporter systems, flow cytometry, bioassays) are preferred
- Experience with in vivo models of disease (such as tumor models and infectious disease models) is preferred
- Ability to engage with and contribute to project teams internally and externally is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to be an independent, self-starter who can design and implement rigorous, hypothesis-based experiments is required
- This role is located in South San Francisco, CA and requires up to 10% travel both domestic and international
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)