Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 4899181018
Johnson & Johnson Law Department is currently recruiting for a Contracts Manager to provide general contracting support for Janssen Research & Development, LLC.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Contract Manager position providing general contracting support for Janssen Research & Development, LLC and its affiliated companies including contract drafting, negotiation, training and general legal issue spotting as it relates to this area.
As the Contract Manager, you will:
- Provide practical and timely guidance on contract related issues escalated by the R&D procurement teams
- Work closely with Law Department colleagues and procurement teams to draft and negotiate contracts necessary for a global research and development organization with a primary focus on supporting Janssen Research & Development in the United States. Agreement types may include: Service Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Research Funding Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Clinical Supply Agreements and other research related contracts, training materials, templates and supporting documents such as alternate clause (Fallback) guidance
- A J.D. Degree is required.
- At least 3 years of legal experience drafting contracts is required.
- A least 2 years of experience supporting research-related agreements in the healthcare sector or other technology/innovation driven sector is required.
- A solid understanding of the issues related to contracting for pharmaceutical industry research & development is required.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements such as Service Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Investigator Initiated Research Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, and other research-related contracts, support materials and training documents is required.
- Must have knowledge of contract principles underpinned by strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all organizational levels and across functions.
- A candidate with in-house legal experience is a plus.
- Strong Legal negotiation, communication and influencing skills is required.
- Good office, organizational and presentation skills is required.
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of contracts is required.
- Ability to analyze results and generate reports using Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to independently create legal documents and work with tracked changes and version control in documents is required.
- A creative thinker who can reach compromises on material terms and results-oriented team player is required.
- Ability to work across functional teams such as Procurement, Privacy, Risk Management & Finance is required.
- Must be able to travel occasionally (about once (1) per month) between the NJ/PA facilities.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Legal (Non Attorney)