Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASP US Commercial Finance Manager
Requisition ID: 4897180706
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
The primary scope of the US Commercial Finance Manager role is to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results and to act to act as the key finance partner to ASP Commercial teams including VP Sales and Commercial Directors. This position will provide analytics and decision support to drive profitable sales. Primary responsibilities include:
- Partner with business leaders to drive sales, profit and cash flow.
- Provide management with data based decision support through analysis, standard and ad hoc reporting.
- Present and/or provide insightful presentations and reports to key business and finance stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with other finance teams and across other business functions including commercial operations, Health Care Compliance/Government Cost Compliance and supply chain to understand market dynamics, cost structure and compliance requirements
- Manage US commercial business planning, forecasting and actual financial cycles including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure all financial submissions are compliant, accurate and timely for both forecast and close cycles.
- Oversee US commercial team’s month-end and quarterly accounting activities including journal entry and balance sheet reviews.
- Manage US commercial financial reporting including approving journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, reports, system reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Lead process and analysis improvement projects, assist with system implementations and participate in other initiatives to drive efficiencies.
- Administer direct and indirect management of personnel including hiring, onboarding, performance reviews and development.
- Prepare and lead ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed to drive business results.
This role is highly visible, influential and impactful.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in finance or accounting.
- A CMA or CPA is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional business experience is required.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting concepts is required.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to understand big picture while managing small details is required.
- Strong problem solving and business partnering skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong systems and Microsoft Excel skill set, plus ability to learn new systems is required.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in fast-paced, highly matrixed and complex environment is preferred.
- Experience operating in a performance driven culture is preferred.
- Ability to set requirements and implement systems is preferred.
- People management experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience within a regulated industry is preferred.
- Understanding of GPO Admin and rebates is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cognos/Qlik Sense, SAP, and TM1 is preferred.
- This position is location in Irvine, CA.
- This position may require up to 10% of domestic travel.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)