Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Financial Analyst US Commercial- Reporting & Analytics
Requisition ID: 4895180622
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
The primary scope of this role is to serve as a key finance business partner to ASP US Sales and Marketing commercial teams, including VP Sales & Marketing, and to ensure accurate reporting of sales results.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide financial analysis, insights and guidance to help US commercial team drive business objectives
- Lead US commercial team planning and reporting activities including annual operating plan; coordinating as needed with local and corporate finance
- Prepare and present monthly financial results (variances, margin analytics, trends, etc) to finance and business management
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities
- Collaborate and coordinate with other finance and business functions locally and at corporate as required to meet objectives and deliverables including commentary, analysis and results
- Perform month end and quarterly close related activities including preparation & posting of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform reconciliations between key reporting systems; acting as SME for finance systems
- Consolidate and submit results to corporate (scheduled and ad hoc)
- Support periodic analysis of contribution margin and cash flow as well as weekly sales reporting and analytics
- Maintain all forecasting tools including TM1, planning models
- Participate in the development, implementation and governance of key systems
- Implement and improve reporting processes and tools to drive efficiencies and better understanding of risks and opportunities
- Maintain a SOX compliant environment; supporting SOX related activities for Revenue cycle
- Utilize skills to deliver results and continuously improve processes in a complex environment
- May supervise a junior team member such as a co-op, FLDP, intern or financial analyst
- Perform ad hoc analysis and special projects as required
This is an analytical role and is highly visible, influential and impactful.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in finance or accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional business experience is required.
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts is required.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to learn and understand systems is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong systems and Microsoft Excel skill set, plus ability to learn new systems is required.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in fast-paced, highly matrixed and complex environment is preferred.
- Experience with rebates and GPO admin fees preferred.
- Experience operating in a performance driven culture is preferred.
- Experience with tracking and analyzing sales performance and/or data is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cognos / Qlik Sense, SAP, and TM1 is preferred.
- Ability to set requirements and implement systems is preferred.
- People management experience is preferred.
- Experience within a regulated industry is preferred.
- This position is location in Irvine, CA.
- This position may require up to 10% of domestic travel.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)