Johnson & Johnson Careers
Shipping Specialist (overnights)
San Angelo, Texas
Requisition ID: 4894180622
Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Shipping Specialist (overnights) to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
Ethicon, Inc. is a trusted, world-wide leader in surgical care. For over a century, Ethicon has continuously introduced innovations in wound closure, general surgery, wound management, women's health and urology and aesthetic medicine that fulfill the company's vision: Restoration of Body and of Life.
The Shipping Specialist responsibilities include:
• Under general supervision and according to prescribed procedures, assists in satisfying the shipment of customer orders ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation; receives incoming material against purchase orders, checking completeness and accuracy of all items listed. Expedites priority items for delivery to Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance and other departments or personnel. Confers with other departments or supervisors to coordinate shipping/mailing activities of individual departments.
• Coordinates processes and procedures in receiving and shipping department.
• Ensures materials are verified against records of shipment in JDE & monitors inspection of goods/materials received.
• Oversees shipping activities for accuracy and completeness in JDE; prepares bills of lading.
• Receives bills of lading and other documents (packing list) for incoming materials, verify and process on ARIBA system quantities and item descriptions for accuracy and completeness against purchase orders; Follows up on missing or incomplete Purchase Orders.
• Prepares proper distribution of receipt trackers on ARIBA according to standard procedures.
• Checks & records priority material/packages, and expedite as necessary to deliver to addressee.
• Moves material received from temporary storage area for delivery to end-user.
• Provides training and guidance to shipping personnel.
• Works effectively with vendors/customers to schedule pick-up/deliveries of returned material.
• Measures and reports the effectiveness of the shipping department activities.
• Recommends actions to improve quality of service and increase department efficiency.
• Organizes the maintenance of appropriate receiving and shipping records.
• Keeps assigned areas neat and orderly. Performs any other work as assigned.
• Complies with all applicable quality management system, environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (for example, ISO 13485, ISO14001 & OSHAS18001).
• A minimum of a High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent required.
• An advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years of combined education and/or related work experience is required.
• Microsoft Office proficiency, including Excel, is required.
• Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or another regulated environment preferred.
• Experience in Warehouse/Logistics is preferred.
• Experience with Shipping orders, bills of lading, and PO’s is preferred.
• Must be able to work overnight shift (11:00pm – 7:00am) which may include some overtime, holidays, and weekends.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon US, LLC (6040)