Johnson & Johnson Careers
San Diego, California
Requisition ID: 4884190916
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist/Senior Scientist in Translational Science & Biomarkers Immunology, located in La Jolla, CA.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Immunology team at Janssen R&D in La Jolla, California is seeking a highly motivated Scientist or Senior Scientist who has extensive background in autoimmune and inflammatory diseases with an emphasis in cellular immunologic and molecular understanding of disease pathways. Experience in immunoassays such as target engagement assays, PD assays, translational biomarkers is desirable. The successful candidate will join the Translational Science & Biomarkers team to help develop cutting-edge therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, with specific focus on immune-dermatological diseases. He or she will be expected to participate in cross-functional teams, maintain direct involvement in the laboratory, and aid in developing and implementing patient biomarker driven research for portfolio projects. The successful candidate will have a strong oral and written communication skills, able to work with limited supervision/high level of autonomy, able to grow within the role and also effectively supervise other associates within the group.
• Design and conduct laboratory studies utilizing a variety of sample analysis platforms primarily on human specimens for molecular and cellular pathogenic pathway understanding, biomarker, back-translational research and to increase molecular/cellular understanding of immunodermatological diseases.
• Conduct ex vivo functional assays with PBMCs and other primary cells. Experience with primary cells, especially skin tissue cells from healthy or disease states desirable.
• Design and utilize flow cytometry/FACS to immunophenotype cell populations using multicolor panels (>14 markers) in various platforms and analyze data generated.
• Develop, qualify and validate various immunoassays.
• Execute research activities with high level of autonomy, provide critical analysis/interpretation of data, report/communicate results and participate in scientific discussions.
• Supervise/manage other member(s) within the team in order to deliver project goals and objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree with 8-12 years, Master’s degree with 4-6 years of experience or PhD in immunology or related field is required.
• Proven track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications or presentations is required.
• Extensive hands on experience in tissue culture of immune cells, including cell isolation/enrichment methods from blood and/or tissues is required.
• Proficiency with designing, performing and analyzing multicolor flow cytometry/FACS-based assay is required. Previous experience with cell sorting is preferred. CyTof experience desirable.
• Experience with the development, qualification, validation of immunoassays is required.
• Experience with some or all of the following molecular biology techniques/platforms: DNA/RNA/protein extraction, QPCR, NanoString, RNAseq and ELISA/MSD/Luminex/Singulex is required. Functional assays including proliferation, Treg functional assays, CTL killing assays desirable.
• Background in inflammation or immunology research is required.
• Some level of supervisory experience is preferred.
• Travel requirement<5% annually.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)