Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Separation Sciences - Large Molecule, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This experienced and motivated scientist will develop HPLC and CE analytical methods for large molecule medicines. In addition, the Scientist will support validation and transfer of methods as well as provide support to process validation studies and QC labs on OOS/OOT investigations. The Separation Scientist will work in an environment that values innovation, leadership, scientific excellence, urgency and personal accountability.
Scientist responsibilities include:
- builds strong collaborations and focuses attention to customer needs
- serves as the analytical technical expert during method development, investigations and regulatory inspections
- develops innovative approaches toward the development of analytical methods
- provides deep analytical knowledge for programs ranging from early phase through late phase clinical development and commercial manufacturing
- conducts experiments for isolation and enrichment of variants for structure-function studies of proteins
- analyzes data and highly complex situations involving the evaluation of tangible and identifiable variables to arrive at creative and effective solutions including statistical approaches to establish design space for methods
- leads continuous improvement for methods, processes and/or scientific procedures
- MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biological Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience OR a PhD with relevant industry/Postdoc experience is required
- Experience in separations method development is required
- Experience in protein characterization/post-translational modifications is preferred.
- Experience in chromatography is required
- Experience in capillary electrophoresis and protein characterization/post-translational modifications including oligosaccharide mapping is preferred
- Familiarity with statistical methodology such as DOEs, regulations including EP and USP and experience with process excellence methodology is preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative, innovative solutions, and meeting project objectives are required.
This position is located in Malvern, PA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)