Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Demand Planning Capability
Bridgewater, New Jersey; New Jersey, United States; Pennsylvania, United States; Horsham, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4880190121
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is currently recruiting for a Director, Demand Planning Capability to be located in Bridgewater, NJ, Horsham, PA or other hub locations to be considered on a case by case basis.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Planning is one of the critical foundational pillars identified by J&J Supply Chain strategy that is essential to building the world’s best supply chain. Planning forms a pivotal role in the synchronization of our E2E Supply Chain to meet our customer demands efficiently and effectively as well as improving our cashflow through optimizing our working Capital. At the same time, we need to ensure that we are anticipating the future trends and disrupters and building capabilities to leverage and take advantage of these being agile enough to ensure we adapt and use this as a competitive advantage.
The Global Plan Excellence team sits within the broader Strategy & Deployment organization and will work closely with Product Supply, Value Chain and the Digital team. The Plan Excellence team is responsible for setting the strategic direction of J&J Enterprise Planning, developing capabilities (People, Process, Technology, Metrics) and ensuring effective deployment of these within the segments to drive competitive advantage and improve efficiency, effectiveness, optimizing working capital whilst keeping our customers’ needs central to what we do. The team will also be focused on new advanced capabilities as well as leading cultural change to embed Integrated Business Planning throughout the enterprise This team will work hand in hand with the various segment planning leaders.
The Director, Demand Planning Capability holds a critical part of the Enterprise Plan Excellence team and is a key enabler to unlock and deliver the enterprise outcomes across E2E planning. Working closely with Segment Planning teams as well as S&D teams the role is responsible for driving the Plan Pillar`s maturity through Capability building and accelerating the advancement of E2E Planning, Plan Transparent Supply Chain and Plan outcomes on overall Supply Chain results.
The Director, Demand Planning Capability, is accountable for:
• Leadership of a global, cross-segment Demand Planning Team comprised of functional experts to drive and influence change and mature planning across the enterprise. Ensuring governance of Plan Operating Model is executed across segments/Plan Capabilities.
• Ensuring the balance between standardization versus harmonization with sector specific needs using a fact-based approach.
• Driving visibility and a common enterprise Plan maturity roadmap which is outcome based and the key driver of (Investment, deployment strategy, and development work) with a clear linkage to value creation and linkage to overall maturity roadmap.
• Leadership in the evolution of standards for Demand Planning for all of J&J including maturity models, frameworks, process maps/roadmaps, process decomposition and metric standards.
• Support of priority deployments across segments of those standards to move J&J’s Demand Planning capability up the maturity curve at an accelerated pace. Value Creation for each of these deployments with strong linkages to higher levels of maturity per Transformational Roadmaps.
• Advanced capability definition within Demand Planning techniques to be evaluated and recommended for J&J, such as demand sensing technologies.
• Development of organizational structure recommendations for Demand Planning across segments within Statistical Forecasting vs. Base Demand Planning is required.
• Creating alignment and synergies with Value Chain Management Team, specifically in the Launch Management pillar as part of the NPI Planning work collaboratively between the PLAN, Value Chain and segment teams.
• Alignment to technology standards supporting the capability with IT & Deployment Systems teams.
• Support OMP template design, ensuring a global, enterprise solution is developed. Define how the business will utilize OMP to enable the Demand Planning functionality and E2E Planning integration.
• Ensure outside in thinking with ongoing external perspectives and benchmarking, both internal and external, to further shape Planning future state and leverage best practices
• Driving a collaborative connection between the Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, Production Planning and End-to-End Planning pillars due to the interdependencies between them.
• Development of recommended competencies for all levels of Plan personnel relevant to Demand Planning and a core set of development tools to support their growth in this area.
This position will work closely with various Supply Chain stakeholders including but not limited to:
• Sector leaders of the Plan function at the VP, Director and other levels of the organization
• Key stakeholders within the Strategy & Deployment organization (Product Supply, Value Chain)
• Deliver or Source leaders
• Sector Operations Finance leaders & Commercial Leaders
• Design / develop / deploy standards across J&J Planning organizations
• Benchmark best practices internal and external to J&J and incorporate into J&J processes
• Actively manage and develop internal talent to build J&J’s capabilities in their area of expertise
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
• A minimum of 10 years of related Supply Chain experience is required. A minimum of 3 years people management/supervisory experience is required. A minimum of 4 years of Supply Chain Planning experience is required.
• Strong background / experience in Supply Chain Planning processes and systems is required.
• Experience in Demand Planning required. Experience in 3 out of the 5 core areas of Planning required- Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, Production Planning, Inventory Planning and S&OP.
• Relevant mix of global, regional, cross-sector / cross-industry experience is required.
• SAP/JDE technology knowledge is required. Experience with Advanced Planning Systems, specifically OMP technology is preferred.
• Past experience in executing significant process improvement initiatives within Supply Chain functions is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong influencing role in creating the journey for future of PLAN across all segments.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills. Strength in interdependent partnering and team management.
• Ability to manage multiple initiatives and work in a matrix environment where priorities change rapidly, and tight deadlines exist.
• Clear understanding of external Supply Chain trends and emerging best practices.
• Understanding of PLAN processes and supporting technologies in other industries.
• Ability for strong partnering and understanding of Planning support needs of the Enterprise and business segments.
• Ability to embed a culture of harmonization and process improvement and value creation across the business segments.
• Establishes effective communications and common goals and objectives across J&J businesses.
• Clear understanding of external Supply Chain trends and emerging best practices.
This position is located in Bridgewater, NJ, Horsham, PA, and other Hub locations will be considered on a case by case basis. This position may require an average 30-40% of travel both internationally and domestically per month.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-Pennsylvania, United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)