Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Biochemistry – South San Francisco, CA
Requisition ID: 4874190916
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen BioPharma Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Biochemistry group within Infectious Diseases Discovery in Janssen BioPharma Inc. is seeking a Senior Scientist to join our efforts in the discovery of novel therapeutic agents. You will join a team whose focus is the development of new biochemical assays, production, and characterization of target proteins, screening of potential drug candidates against the infectious disease targets and performing studies on the mechanism of action of novel compounds.
- Provide biochemistry leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams in the discovery and optimization of drug candidates
- Innovate biochemistry exploratory research by identifying and characterizing new molecular targets for novel therapeutic interventions
- Advance drug discovery by performing and managing the cloning of target genes, expression, purification and characterization of recombinant target proteins to supply high-quality materials for exploratory research and compound profiling
- Develop and implement novel enzymatic and biophysical assays to support compound profiling and MOA studies
- Analyze, interpret and present data to group members, multi-disciplinary project teams and senior management teams
- Work with external collaborators and contractors (CROs) to extend our protein science research capability
- Author internal reports and external publications
- Share results, skills, and knowledge in a team-based environment
- Maintain timely and accurate lab records. Follow all Environmental, Health & Safety laboratory safety standards and maintain company compliance requirements
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or related disciplines, with 2+ years of post-doc or industry experience.
- Expertise in designing protein expression constructs for baculovirus/insect cells and bacteria
- Expertise in purifying protein with various separation methods including Ion exchange, affinity, and SEC
- Proficiency with protein analysis techniques (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, Bradford, and protein ID with MS)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people
- Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams
- Expertise in designing protein expression constructs for mammalian cells is preferred
- Proficiency with protein purification using the ÄKTA chromatography system is preferred
- Experience with protein characterization with biophysical methods (e.g. DLS, DSF, SPR, crystallography, and cryo-EM) is desirable
- Experience with steady-state and pre-steady-state enzymatic assays is desirable
- Experience in high-throughput assay development using fluorescent, radiometric and other detection technologies is desirable
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)