Johnson & Johnson Careers
Assistant/Associate Engineer, Engineering Development Program
Requisition ID: 4874160901
ETHICON, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting new college graduates for their Engineering Development Program (EDP) in Cincinnati, OH. The program offers multi-disciplinary rotations such as medical device design, manufacturing, quality and sustainability engineering throughout the product development process. After completing this 2-3 year program, EDP associates will continue in challenging engineering roles, delivering tomorrow’s surgical innovations.
The ETHICON business in Cincinnati, OH offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including surgical staplers, advanced energy devices, robotic surgery, clip appliers, and trocars. These innovations are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures in specialties which include: support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health, hernias, cancer, and obesity. The Cincinnati site was founded 25 years ago and has developed innovative devices which have driven revolutionary shifts in modern surgery and continues to lead the industry today.
As an associate in the Engineering Development Program you will:
- Complete multidisciplinary rotations throughout the lifecycle of the medical product development process over a 2-3 year period.
- Have a strong support network of seasoned team engineers and mentors, guiding your technical and career development.
- Leverage cutting edge technologies, academic learnings, and fundamental engineering principles to contribute to design solutions in a dynamic, team focused environment.
- Collaborate with external partners and across Johnson and Johnson to identify and implement project solutions.
- Continue your academic growth and development through a wide variety of available on-site training courses such as anatomy, 3D modeling and simulation, FEA, six sigma, statistics, design for manufacturability and assembly, and component material analysis.
- Candidate must be a new college graduate, graduating no more than 12 months prior to their start date, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (e.g., BS, MS), in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Possess previous co-op, internship or work experience and demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship in the future.
Johnson & Johnson Companies are equal
Primary Location: North America, United States, Cincinnati, Ohio
Organization: Ethicon Endo-Surgery
Job Function: Engineer
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)