Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II, Bioconjugation – Targeted Therapeutics
Requisition ID: 4872190122
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Associate Scientist II, Bioconjugation – Targeted Therapeutics, Discovery Sciences, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Targeted Therapeutics group is a part of Discovery Sciences in Janssen R&D and is engaged in developing cutting edge therapeutics that require intracellular and tissue specific delivery, across the modality spectrum (including small molecules, biologics and nucleic acids) in partnership with Janssen therapeutic area teams. In this position, the Associate Scientist will contribute to a team working on design and characterization of drug candidates such as antibody conjugates and nucleic acid conjugates. This scientist will primarily be responsible for conjugation of antibodies, proteins, and peptides to a variety of payloads; purification of these conjugates using standard chromatography methods; and characterization of the molecules with a variety of bioanalytical tools. The scientist will be expected to coordinate with team members to assist in design and characterization of molecules, and collaborate with therapeutic areas and other groups to advance projects. Additional responsibilities may include laboratory management duties such as maintaining lab instruments and training other scientists.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology or a related field with at least 5 or more years of laboratory experience is required
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree with at least 3 or more years of laboratory experience is required
- Laboratory experience in one or more of the following areas is required:
- protein purification
- protein chemistry
- biochemical analysis
- Experience with the following techniques is required:
- biomolecule purification using automated chromatography systems
- conjugation chemistry and purification methods
- Additionally, the following skills are highly desired:
- protein characterization
- analytical chromatography
- biophysical methods
- Mass spectrometry
- The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of problem solving, good organizational habits, excellent communication skills, the ability to work under timelines, and the ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)