Johnson & Johnson Careers
PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER COOP
Requisition ID: 4866181017
Consumer Packaging Co-op Job Description
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. With approximately $70.0 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 129,000 employees in 60 countries throughout the world.
General Information - Co-op Opportunities - Candidates apply for one overall Packaging Engineering co-op making them eligible for multiple Johnson & Johnson company opportunities within Packaging Engineering. These individual departmental openings provide Co-Ops with a six-month opportunity to become an integral part of their respective departments. Each co-op is responsible for both supporting base business tactically through report generation, analysis and strategically through idea generation and innovation. Co-ops will have the opportunity to work on and lead cross-functional project teams, which support current business requirements. Co-ops will be part of a structured co-op program, which consists of a formal mentoring program, visibility to upper management, professional training and networking opportunities.
McNeil Consumer Health Care - Ft. Washington, PA
McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division of McNeil - PPC, Inc. markets a broad range of over-the-counter products, including TYLENOL acetaminophen products, ZYRTEC and BENADRYL allergy medicines, IMODIUM A-D anti-Diarrheal, MOTRIN IB, and SUFAFED Nasal decongestants.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products - Skillman, NJ
Johnson & Johnson Consumer companies markets leading products in a broad range of categories, including Skincare, Baby Care, Women’s Health, Wound Care, OTC Pharmaceuticals & Nutritionals, and Oral Care. Our products connect clinically proven efficacy with consumer insights— bringing science to the art of healthy living.
Package Development Engineer Co-op Opportunity
- Manage new package development projects, optimize existing packages and/or work on a cross-functional project team under the supervision of a Package Development Engineer.
- Daily interaction with Design, Marketing, Operations, Procurement, Project Management and Suppliers necessary to complete project objectives.
- Travel to packaging suppliers as necessary.
- Perform laboratory tests and evaluations of primary and secondary packaging related to their specific projects.
- Develop Package Component drawings and specifications, and provide technical support to project teams.
- Support and execute Package Line Trials (PLT's) by writing protocols, ordering components, and coordinating with the packaging line technicians.
- Responsible for conducting packaging tests, evaluation of results, and problem solving.
- Conduct all work according to cGMP, Company, and Regulatory guidelines.
- Evaluate and characterize packaging materials and components.
- Analyze package test data: derive correlation between package performance and product stability.
- Recommend materials or packaging designs as possible alternatives when packaging problems arise.
- Schedule and perform routine package testing as well as work on immediate design/material issues.
- Support line trials at plants. Offer possible solutions/suggestions/test designs to resolve problems.
- Gain insight into the regulatory aspects of the Pharmaceutical industry through packaging design and development and production qualification by executing packaging line trial protocols and validations.
- GPA of 3.0 – Cumulative (strongly preferred)
- Must currently be enrolled in school and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication, and presentation skills, leadership qualities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives and while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
- Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from work on a daily basis.
- Must be able to work 6 months as a full time employee starting in either January or June.
- Majors: Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering or another related Science/Engineering major
NOTE: If you are authorized to work in the United States based upon practical training as a result of being in F-1, J-1, H-1, L-1, E-1, E-2, O, P or OPT/CPT status, you will not be interviewed or considered for these employment opportunities.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)