Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Scientist- Toxicology
Requisition ID: 4863190515
Johnson & Johnson Consumer & Personal Products Worldwide Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is recruiting for a Postdoc, Toxicology located in Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer & Personal Products Worldwide Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets Over the Counter (OTC), baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, Tylenol®, Zyrtec®, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO®, NEUTROGENA® and CLEAN & CLEAR®. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Toxicology team is a part of the Consumer R&D Operations group and is responsible for conducting preclinical safety assessment of ingredients, engineered materials ( target chemistries/degradants/impurities in the Consumer products, safety evaluation in-compliance with regulatory/industry bodies, supporting stewardship issues and providing innovative solutions for product development and product risk assessment /safety. The individual is expected to assist senior Toxicologists supporting North America business by conducting literature search for toxicology data, writing hazard profiles on ingredients, conducting safety/risk assessment of ingredients and products, applying in-silico modeling to support innovative products, coming out of franchises and new platforms and writing safety assessment reports.
This individual is expected to work collaboratively internally with cross-functional partners across the R&D organization comprising of product development teams, Regulatory, Quality, Stewardship, Legal, etc.
- A minimum of a Ph.D. in Toxicology or related field.
- Solid working knowledge of Toxicology / in silico /in vitro toxicology methods
- Ability to manage projects with oversight
- Experience in technical writing and representation of Tox data
- Ability to partner with cross functional teams within a research and development environment
- Proficiency in operating Microsoft office tools
- Ability to apply organizational understanding, as well as participate in decision-making in collaboration with senior Toxicologists
- Knowledge about web-based search tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This position is based in Skillman, NJ
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)