Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Infectious Disease - South San Francisco, CA
Requisition ID: 4856190913
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Biopharma, Inc., is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Within the infectious disease team, we are seeking a highly motivated and productive Senior Associate Scientist with a strong background in preclinical animal models to join our drug discovery efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience in T-cell biology and therapeutic vaccinology applied to chronic infectious diseases, oncology, or a related area with a willingness and ability to apply their knowledge to infectious diseases such as HBV and HIV. You should be a well-organized, team-orientated individual who can work efficiently with limited oversight. You will design and execute projects with significant hands-on involvement and manage interactions with internal and external partners.
- Perform in vivo mouse studies to assess cellular responses elicited by various vaccine strategies
- Applies expertise to drive research projects
- Provide support for novel ex vivo assay design/development and analysis using ELISPOT, flow cytometry and/or multiplex assays to evaluate the immune response
- Reviews scientific work in project-related fields and areas of expertise
- Drive collaborative research interactions across teams
- Work productively as a team member as well as independently
- Assist in documentation and organization of data, generation of technical reports and presentation of findings to project teams.
- Must have a M.S. degree with 6 years of relevant experience or B.S./B.A. degree with 9 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties
- Experience performing in vivo mouse studies including: proper handling techniques, tissue/PBMC collection and preparation for immune cell phenotyping/functional studies preferred
- Experience in set up and analysis of assays to measure cellular immune function such as ELISPOT, cytotoxicity, proliferation, antigen-specific stimulation
- Experience in flow cytometry (phenotypic profiling and intracellular cytokine staining) is a plus
- Design/application of multiplex assays (MSD or Luminex)
- Presents data at in-house research forums, and at outside professional meetings, where applicable
- Familiar with data analysis and presentation tools such as GraphPad Prism, Excel, FlowJo
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)