Janssen Pharmaceuticals is hiring for a Director, Global Patient Advocacy- Cardiovascular, Diabetes and Retina Therapeutic Area to be located in Raritan, NJ
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
The Director, Global Patient Advocacy - Cardiovascular, Diabetes and Retina Therapeutic Area, will be responsible for leading a global vision for the patient advocacy organizations by driving, building and enhancing strategic alliances with key national and international stakeholders, including patient advocacy groups, physician advocacy groups, academic organizations and other relevant stakeholders in response to patient needs and in support of Janssen’s global patient advocacy objectives and related strategic goals. He/she will lead the effort to develop, implement, coordinate and communicate critical partnerships and programs related to Janssen’s commitment to patients with Cardiovascular, Metabolism, Retinal diseases. He/she will be responsible for managing the patient advocacy grants and sponsorship budget. The Director, Global Patient Advocacy will drive strategy across markets, proactively solve emerging issues, and define Janssen’s global position on relevant public health, economic, clinical, and political issues to key non-government stakeholders He/she will help advance Janssen’s patient centric mission internally and externally while bringing critical patient insights into the organization to inform decision making. He/she will have responsibility for Janssen’s patient advocacy landscape assessment and engagement strategy
- In close interaction with the local and/or country specific business, medical and scientific leaders, identify and cultivate alliances and partnership opportunities with a focus on improving patients' access to potentially life transforming therapies, and advancing national/local patient advocacy organizations' awareness and education to finally lead to patient access to such therapies.
- Represent Patient Advocacy on prioritized pipeline R&D programs
- Drive successful stakeholder working teams, proactively identify emerging issues, and effectively communicate Janssen’s positions on relevant public health, economic, clinical, and political issues to key non-government stakeholders
- Work cross functionally with close coordination with Medical, Commercial, and other groups in developing and implementing strategies to achieve Janssen's patient advocacy, in line with medical, policy and business objectives worldwide
- By interacting closely with key non-government stakeholders actively help position Janssen as a leading company and progressive thought leader that can be a valuable resource for patient advocacy organizations and other major influencers of health care policy
- Work closely with Global Medical Affairs Leaders, Development and Commercial organization and will coordinate with critical internal partners, including Global Corporate Communications, Commercial, Regulatory and Legal
- Be responsible for regularly communicating alliance development activities to internal stakeholders, and for representing the company's efforts externally.
- Manage global patient Advocacy grants and sponsorship budget
- Shape Janssen’s efforts to establish strong relationships with Patient Advocacy stakeholders as well as advancing our patient advocacy organization efforts relating to Janssen’s medical/ scientific, regulatory and policy objectives with these stakeholders
- Identify and develop strong relationships with critical patient advocacy organization stakeholders to advance common interests relating to disease research and access; and collaborate on development of joint activities and events
- Lead and coordinate a global vision for patient advocacy organization partnership development, including efforts in support of local strategies and objectives in context of global priorities
- Prioritize tasks, and organize and manage multiple projects while maintaining an understanding of national and global perspectives
- Communicate effectively and partner directly with internal customers and cross-functional teams
- Coordinate projects with external consultants as needed or appropriate
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and consistently deliver high-quality, patient centric solution
- BA/BS required, MA/MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with advocacy is required
- Patient advocacy is preferred.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory compliance environment impacting the pharma/bio industry is required
- Passion for patients and research
- Strong leadership skills and sense of teamwork
- Ability to work effectively in and across the management structure, and to collaborate and contribute to highly functioning and geographically diffuse team.
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to set priorities effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders simultaneously
- Excellent strategic planning abilities
- Excellent communications and presentation skills; and ability to write well and to present information to internal and external audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Domestic and international travel required (30-40%)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)