Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II - Immuno-Oncology Cell Therapy (1 of 4)
Requisition ID: 4845180622
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist II Immuno-Oncology Cell Therapy position located in Spring House, PA. This position will require up to 10% domestic travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We discover and develop innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Bring your talents to our mission, visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ to learn more.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Scientist will join the Cellular Therapy team within the Immuno-Oncology group at Janssen with a focus on CAR-T therapy. S/he will be lab-based and will be responsible for generating large volumes of accurate, highly reproducible functional data to support late stage assets for regulatory submission, as well as support validation biology and MOA to understand mechanisms of resistance, exhaustion, and persistence.
The Associate Scientist will work with limited supervision to independently design, schedule, run, and interpret complex in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo experiments. S/he must be a fast learner, be extremely organized, possess a sense of urgency, and be able to manage multiple experiments simultaneously.
The position resides in a highly matrixed team environment so a collaborative spirit, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills are necessary and highly-valued. S/he will contribute to various projects outside of her/his own, collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions, and keep up-to-date with documentation and published literature related to the field.
- Bachelors with up to 4 years of experience, performing progressively advanced duties at the Associate Scientist I level, or Masters with 5 years of experience
- Recent lentivirus and CAR-T experience is preferred
- Strong tissue culture experience in human and mouse ex vivo tissues, primary immune cells and tumor cell lines is required
- Previous recent experience in isolating, activating and differentiating human immune cells (T cells, Tregs, monocyte derived DCs) and T cell killing assays is required
- Prior experience designing and running 10+ color flow panels is required
- Meticulous documentation (Accelrys Electronic Lab Notebook and OpenLab ECM), mastery of analysis software (GraphPad Prism v6.02 or greater, FlowJo v10.5 or greater, TIBCO Spotfire) familiarity with data sharing platforms (Sharepoint, One Drive) is desirable
- Proficiency with AutoMACS, FCS, Luminex, MSD, Ella and ELISA experience is preferred
- A strong background in cell biology, immunology, cancer biology and assay development skills is required
- This position is located in Spring House, PA with up to 10% domestic travel
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)