Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Biology, RNA and Targeted Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Requisition ID: 4839190916
Janssen BioPharma Inc., a Johnson & Johnson Company is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Biology, RNA and Targeted Therapeutics located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen BioPharma Inc. is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Oligonucleotide Therapeutics Group, part of RNA and Targeted Therapeutics at Janssen Pharmaceuticals is seeking a talented Senior Associate Research Scientist to drive ongoing projects in discovery of novel therapeutic agents to treat indications in Infectious Diseases, Oncology and other related areas. The Senior Associate Research Scientist will assist in innovative, critical-path discovery research to validate targets, elucidate mechanism of action and optimize activity of therapeutic agents. The successful candidate will aggressively make laboratory-based contributions to achieve research milestones. In addition, the successful candidate will work in cross-functional teams to support the advancement of novel therapeutic approaches to diseases with high unmet need.
- Design and troubleshoot key biological assays for evaluating therapeutic agents, defining mechanism of action, and validating targets. While these will be mainly in vitro based experiments, the ability to perform in vivo disease models is preferred.
- Perform independent and collaborative research in a dynamic laboratory environment
- Perform technically sophisticated experiments, log detailed scientific observations, thoroughly analyze data, maintain an organized, detailed electronic lab notebook and clearly present conclusions to supervisors and colleagues
- Participate on project teams where you will collaborate on efforts to discover and develop novel therapeutic agents. The ability to be flexible and quickly learn novel techniques is essential.
- A BS degree with at least 9 years of research experience in cell biology or directly relevant fields (within either academia or pharmaceutical industry), OR a MS degree with at least 6 years of research experience in cell biology or directly relevant fields (within either academia or pharmaceutical industry), is required
- Broad experience in target identification strategies, for example, genomics, tissue-based analysis and phenotypic screening is preferred
- Hands on expertise in target validation techniques, preferably a combination of gene targeting (RNAi, CRISPR) is preferred; gene expression (Southern blot, Northern blot, qPCR) is required; signaling networks (examples may include Western blot, Luminex and/OR MSD, ELISA) and cellular assays (examples may include reporter systems, flow cytometry, bioassays) are required
- Experience with in vivo techniques is preferred
- Ability to work independently, design and implement detailed experiments and troubleshoot any potential technical issues is required
- This role is located in South San Francisco, CA, and may require minimal travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen BioPharma, Inc. (6224)