Johnson & Johnson Careers
San Diego, California
Requisition ID: 4832190913
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Computational Biologist located in La Jolla, CA.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Immunology team at Janssen R&D in La Jolla, California is seeking a highly motivated Scientist or Senior Scientist in computational biology. The candidate must have a good understanding of cellular and molecular immunological pathways that drive autoimmune diseases, and with a strong background in computational biology and data science. The successful candidate will join the Translational Sciences Biomarkers team to help develop cutting-edge therapeutics for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, with specific focus on immunodermatological diseases. He or she will be expected to participate on cross-functional teams and actively engaging in data analysis in developing and implementing patient biomarker driven research for portfolio projects in immunology.
• Define and apply computational biology and data analytics approaches to increase molecular understanding of diseases of interest in immunoderm space, with primary focus on atopic dermatitis, hidradenitis suppurativa, alopecia areata, and vitiligo, and to identify key pathways and key cell populations driving disease pathogenesis
• Provide data analysis support for biomarker studies associated with late stage clinical trials to elucidate the mechanism of action of therapeutic assets, and to identify biomarkers in predicting clinical response
• Build strong relationships with discovery team in immunology and provide bioinformatics and data analysis supports for discovery and early development projects, including target identification & validation, disease proposition
• Collaborate with internal and external scientific community and external innovators to maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge in computational biology and data sciences, and its application in day-to-day activities
• 2-3+ years post-graduate industry experience is required
• PhD degree in Systems Biology, Immunology, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field is required
• Extensive experience gaining biological insights in analyzing high-dimensional biological data and single-cell RNA-seq data is required
• Experience using coding languages such as Python or R, to analyze biological data is required
• Expertise in methods that enable functional interpretation of biological data including co-expression, causal inference, and pathway enrichment is preferred
• Experience navigating a matrix organization is preferred
• Experience in wet lab techniques and the generation of biological data is preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)