Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
DEVELOPABILITY SUMMER INTERN
Requisition ID: 4831180301
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a for a summer intern in the Developability team at our La Jolla, California site. The Developability team is part of the Preclinical Development & Safety group in the Discovery Sciences organization at Janssen R&D and is responsible for ensuring a smooth and seamless transition of compounds from discovery into the early development portfolio.
Janssen R&D focuses on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. We discover and develop medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
The responsibilities for the Developability Summer Intern include
- Will be generating solubility, carrying out solid state characterization and conducting physiologically-based pharmacokinetic absorption modeling and simulation using in vitro data as input parameters.
- Maintaining accurate and well-organized electronic laboratory records, worksheets and notebooks will also be an expectation.
- Internship program is also focused on providing perspective students the opportunity to experience drug discovery and development from a multidisciplinary approach.
- Enrolled in an accredited college and/or university
- Completed a minimum of 2-years of coursework in chemistry, analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or closely related fields
- Hands-on or prior experience with analytical techniques including HPLC chromatography, UV-VIS spectrometry is preferred
- Hands-on thermal analysis and powder X-ray diffraction experience is a plus
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Must be willing to work 40-hours per week for 10 to 12 weeks
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)