Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Receptor Occupancy Analysis Outsourcing located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
This is a technical position within the Bioanalytical Sciences (BAS) group within the Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) organization. This group is responsible for developing, validating, and conducting bioanalytical methods with external partners to support large molecule biotherapeutic drug development across all therapeutic areas of Janssen. The primary focus for this position is to place and manage flow cytometry assays at external organizations. As a Senior Scientist you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for assays to evaluate cell phenotype, receptor enumeration, in vivo receptor occupancy (RO) and any additional other flow cytometry assays supporting pharmacokinetic or pharmacodynamic endpoints by BAS
- Engage with Janssen teams in Discovery, Translational Research and Compound Development to identify appropriate assays to evaluate biotherapeutic pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, target biology and expression
- Candidate will be responsible for identifying external partners to support assay development, validation and study sample analysis.
- Specifically, they will work with these partners to establish budgets with key milestones and timelines, track all activities, including data deliveries from the external partners and the review and reporting of data to project teams.
- It is expected that most of work will support non-clinical toxicology studies but candidate may also manage clinical trials.
- Additional duties may include supporting flow cytometry laboratory experiments and outsourcing ligand binding assays for pharmacokinetics, immunogenicity or target engagement as needed to balance workload and project demands
- This candidate may have opportunity to lead internal Biotherapeutic Discovery projects.
- All work is to be performed according to Janssen documentation and compliance policies and GLP guidelines
- The position resides in a highly interactive team; collaborative spirit, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong interpersonal skills are both necessary and highly valued
- Effective and frequent collaboration with colleagues within Biologics Development Sciences and external partners is critical.
- Contributes significantly to defining development, validation and execution of flow cytometry-based bioanalytical assays to support development of new products or existing Janssen products
- Creates and manages complex research plans with greater complexity in the delivery of business results
- Ensure compliance to Regulatory guidelines, industry standards and best practices
- Work with partners to identify appropriate scientific endpoints and develops robust experimental strategies and source appropriate reagents
- Works under limited supervision with a high level of autonomy
- Works with Janssen internal and external partners to accomplish tasks and project objectives
- Analyzes complex issues and significantly improves, changes or adapts existing methods and techniques
- Develops research solutions that require extensive analysis and detailed investigation
- Explains and clarifies to influence or persuade others to accept new ideas, approaches or concepts
- May interact with senior internal and external colleagues
- At least 3 years of additional experience beyond post-doctoral training is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using flow cytometry to analyze cellular markers in blood, cells or tissues is preferred
- Experience with flow cytometer platforms and understanding associated analysis software (B‐D instruments plus FlowJo) is required
- Experience in development of receptor occupancy assays and management of outsourcing activities for assay development, validation and bioanalysis is preferred
- Extensive data interpretation experience and a passion for understanding biotherapeutics and target biology is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)