Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 4815190121
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Associate Engineer within the Primary Container organization is responsible for the design, coordination, development and implementation of packaging systems for the pharmaceutical and biological businesses.
Main support role is for experimental or new products, but the incumbent will also support changes to primary container systems for existing or commercial products as required. This individual applies sound scientific, engineering and current regulatory knowledge for the planning and execution of development projects on a global scale. Executes and supervises scientific studies and manages laboratory activities with some supervision of the senior stuff. S/he assists in the development of standardized test procedures, policies, and standards for the department.
- Developing container closure systems, primary packaging components, and cold chain transportation systems for a variety of dosage forms and delivery systems.
- Identifies, designs and evaluates new primary packaging concepts for eventual production use.
- Develops and executes package testing plans and interprets results as required for various projects; coordinates and performs activities associated with manufacturing line testing.
- Develop packaging specifications and procedures for bulk, API, WIP and commercial drug products including appropriate Container Closure Integrity methods and procedures.
- Provides guidance to the Clinical organization regarding primary packaging and dosing options regarding clinical studies.
- Maintains ownership of primary container specifications and authors pertinent sections of Regulatory Filings.
- The successful candidate will have good communication skills, both written and oral and ability to prepare technical reports and presentations.
- Creation of schedules and tracking of tasks to these schedules required, as is, proficiency in MS Office programs.
- A B.S. Degree in Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical or Materials Engineering or related field with 0-2 years of experience is required.
- Successful completion of an internship/Co-op
- Recent college graduate
- Internship/Co-op/Experience in Pharmaceutical, Device, or Medical Industries
- Knowledge of GMP, ISO, FDA, NSTA, ISTA, ASTM, USP, EP, CFR and other regulatory issues relating to Pharmaceutical packaging systems.
- Experience in packaging material specifications and qualification activities including laboratory testing is preferred.
- Travel percentage – Domestic/International – up to 10%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
R&D Engineering (R&D)