Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Scientist, Bioinformatics
Requisition ID: 4798180302
Janssen Research & Development, a family company of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Companies, is recruiting for a Data Scientist Bioinformatics to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The position is with Immunology Biomarkers group and requires a motivated and independent individual to develop innovative solutions for handling large and complex clinical and pre-clinical datasets. The successful candidate will work closely with internal scientists and external partners to implement secure storage and organization of molecular, clinical, and technical data. The position will have latitude to explore novel platforms, develop new approaches, and contribute to data analysis. The data coordinator will be a key member of the Biomarkers group to maximize value from datasets and help transform the treatment paradigm for patients with auto-immune and inflammatory diseases.
Specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- Implements and supports data management solutions (storage and integration of molecular, clinical, and technical data and bioinformatics analysis outputs) in partnership with biomarker scientists and internal IT partners
- Designs and disseminates best practices for data management to Immunology Biomarkers and the wider organization
- Analyzes omic data sets and present results to relevant stakeholders
- Investigates and proposes strategic solutions for data organization that may be implemented in the future
- Curates and annotates internal and external datasets
- Performs data engineering to enable integration of clinical datasets into biomarker workflows
- Designs, develops, and supports tools (e.g. scripts, API) to support computational biologists
- A Bachelor’s degree is required an advanced degree preferred.
- A working knowledge of computer science, mathematics, bioinformatics, computational biology, physics, engineering or information technology is required
- A working knowledge programming (e.g., Python, R, C, C++) and database (e.g., SQL, MongoDB) experience is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to work in diverse, interdisciplinary teams are required.
- Ability to recommend priorities to multiple stakeholders based on the highest business value is required.
- Familiarity with high-dimensional data analysis is required.
- Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry or a related field is preferred
- Familiarity with Amazon web services (EC2, S3) is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Data Management