Johnson & Johnson Careers
Retail Activation Manager
Requisition ID: 4793190516
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., a member of The
Johnson & Johnson
's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Retail
Activation Manager, located in Markham, Ontario.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
Do you love to challenge the status quo? Are you motivated by prioritizing opportunities to strategically drive customer and commercial growth? Do you inspire followership from your colleagues? If so, then you may be the right person for the role of Retail Activation Manager.
As the Retail Activation Manager, you will demonstrate your deep understanding of Account Management and Canadian retail, to develop the tools, resources, and strategies that are critical to our go-to-market approach with retailers. We are looking for someone who is a strong collaborator and can mobilize partners across multiple business functions to build impactful Customer Business Planning tools. You will direct the annual prepack planning and governance processes, ensuring that our programs and vehicles deliver on the needs of the customer and our brands; while meeting our budget and execution targets. As a people leader, you are someone who loves to coach and develop their team; and also has the credibility and capability to influence the decisions of multiple departments.
The Retail Activation Manager will be responsible for:
- Develop a team of three direct reports within a culture that is dynamic, analytical, and energized by developing creative solutions.
- Lead the annual business planning process to shape brand Key Issues; Integrated Business Plan; New Product Introduction; Pre JBP Decks; Trade Fundamentals, and prepack planning.
- Lead the development of a company-wide prepack strategy and governance to support the company’s commercial and financial priorities, whilst addressing the needs and opportunities of prioritized retail customers.
- Strategically assess the performance and opportunities of prepack programs. Guide and influence the allocation of prepacks across sales teams.
- Use your knowledge of retail; J&J systems and processes; and strategy to participate in Enterprise initiatives, as needed.
- Lead the GS1 relationship to ensure NPI launches and product changes meet customer timing requirements; ensuring expenses remain within annual budget target.
- Provide oversight and accountability for Sale sample process and budget.
- University Degree in Business or related program, MBA is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of CPG or Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Direct experience in a customer facing role, such as Sales or Sales Management
- Retail Channel Management experience is strongly preferred
- Broad knowledge of CPG Industry Standards and processes with respect to Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, IT, and Information Management.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment where change and flexibility is evident and encouraged
- Thought leader with the ability to challenge the status quo and influence with authority
- Ability to lead through ambiguity, conflict and complexity.
- The ability to set a vision, engage and rally the Sales Organization behind initiatives
- Strong coaching and people development skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence senior management at the highest levels across the organization.
- Strong critical thinking and logic capability
- Required understanding of company-wide cross functional processes such as Annual Business Planning, New Product launches, S&OP, and profit log, etc.
- Strong computer skills and deep working knowledge of MS Office (particularly EXCEL) and Tableau
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required
- Nielsen, Panorama, and other business application expertise is an asset
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)