Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Clinical Account Representative - ( Baltimore MD / Washington DC ) - Acclarent, Inc.
Requisition ID: 4791181023
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Associate Clinical Account Representative aligned to Acclarent, Inc., located in Irvine, CA. The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Chronic sinusitis affects 3 million Americans each year and five per cent of the U.S. adult population suffers from a phenomenon referred to as Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (blocked ears / ear pain). Acclarent is dedicated to supporting otolaryngologists with minimally-invasive ENT technologies that relieve this suffering as effectively and painlessly as possible. For more than a decade Acclarent has pioneered innovative technologies, including the balloon dilation system that’s been used to treat more than one million patients.
The Associate Clinical Account Representative (ACAR) is an 18-24-month training position that, when successfully completed, may lead to a clinical or field sales representative role. The ACAR position is focused on building the skills necessary to drive business growth through providing professional ongoing clinical service and support of physicians and healthcare providers in the Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) marketplace for clinical utilization of commercialized Acclarent products and services into select territories. This responsibility includes but is not limited to the solicitation and demonstration of products and services, enrollment of eligible physicians into product training programs, and supporting surgical procedures in the operating room and office lab environments.
The ACAR will partner with ENTCs in assigned territories, supporting clinical procedures in established accounts. The ACAR will proctor Acclarent-trained physicians during procedures to provide guidance on the safe and efficacious use of Acclarent products. The ACAR will learn to provide education and training on commercialized Acclarent products and services as well as other accessory equipment. The ACAR will also quickly become an extension of a collaborative field force and ENT team. Pivotal to their success will be their ability to develop the clinical and business acumen necessary to meet the procedure support needs of our customers while exceeding business objectives.
The ACAR will be responsible to maintain records in the Acclarent CRM system on contacts and facilities as well as understand the Company’s Quality Policy and Quality System requirements applicable to tasks performed by the holder of this job function. The ACAR will ensure accurate and on time completion of the weekly and quarterly planning tools as well as accurate and timely reconciliation of product inventory on a monthly basis.
As available, after the initial development period, and demonstrated proficiency to work independently in the ACAR role, meeting customers’ needs and exceeding business results, the ACAR will be assigned a territory of responsibility within a mutually agreed upon geography as an Acclarent field sales representative.
During the training period, under the general direction of the manager and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position will learn to:
- Provide expert clinical product and technical assistance and training to physicians and healthcare providers on the effective use of Acclarent’s commercialized products and services systems during case procedures within an assigned geography
- Educate customers on all Acclarent products to optimize effective usage by providing technical and clinical information and in-service trainings
- Shares best practices to increase value for customers.
- Maximizes customer case support capability through proper planning and scheduling techniques.
- Drives collaboration and maintains consistent, open lines of communication across the assigned responsibilities with the local team/Pod (i.e. SENTCs, ENTCs, CARs and other ACARs) and other internal and external partners.
- Develop and share best practices with US Field Sales and Service colleagues and internal partners.
- Develop and grow mutually beneficial customer relationships within and beyond the Operating Room and ENT Office, including, but not limited to physicians, nurses and technicians, clinical and hospital administrators and staff.
- Stays current on company products instructions for use (IFU), best practices and technical troubleshooting, as well as relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment. Maintain composure and problem solving focus during stressful interactions.
- Engage in diagnostic dialogue with multiple internal and external business partners and stakeholders. Formulate solutions based on dialogue and input gained during session.
- Provide mentoring for new Acclarent commercial team members as requested.
- Respond daily to requests by email and voicemail from customers, practitioners and partners.
- Perform administrative work, including managing account documentation, compliance training requirements, expense reporting, and Company system input.
- Maintain Safe Fleet standards according to Company guidelines.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties assigned as needed.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 1-3 years of business or sales experience required OR be a recent graduate within 12 months of graduating with a bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering, Nursing, Business or a related Scientific field OR have recently transitioned within one year from the Military is required.
- The ability to work in a lab or clinical operating room environment is required.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license issued in the United States
- The ability to travel related to this role is required.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs and adhere to customer protective, safety, and security protocols is required. Advanced computer skills, and the ability to multitask without the direct oversight of manager is required.
- Must currently reside in the posted territory or be willing to relocate there at own expense.
- Must be willing relocate at the end of the training program within the region based on business needs if required. Location preference is to live near assigned accounts.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
North America-United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Acclarent, Inc. (6206)