Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, Oncology Training
Medical Science Liaison
Requisition ID: 4790180206
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for an Associate Director, Oncology Training to join the Janssen Biotech US Medical Affairs (MA) Oncology organization. This position will be based in Horsham, PA and may require up to 30% domestic travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Oncology Training will take a lead to evaluate the need for training and will coordinate development and conduct of clinical training for the Medical Affairs (MA) Oncology staff. This training will prepare staff to educate and conduct scientific exchanges with Healthcare Providers and Opinion Leaders, to support the clinical research program, and to provide internal scientific support. You will serve as a point person to evaluate the need for training as well as coordinate development and delivery of clinical training to the MA Oncology staff. You will also manage the MA on-boarding process for new hires and support optimization of training techniques and modalities. Serve as subject matter expert resource for assigned area of responsibility.
In this exciting role you will:
- Lead the development of an annual training plan aligned with the needs of the US Medical Affairs Oncology organization.
- Deliver objective-driven training programs for existing and emerging oncology products and disease states to support MA initiatives.
- Identify novel learning approaches, delivery techniques, and repositories for training resources.
- Manage on-boarding plan for new hires by developing and leading train-the-trainer learning opportunities.
- Proactively contribute to the development of cross-functional Janssen MA training team strategy.
- Collaborate to leverage knowledge and resources by partnering with applicable internal cross-functional partners to be efficient and share best practices.
- Optimize resources to maximize productivity by collaborating with US MA oncology organization, including field-based medical staff, to identify new technologies to enhance effectiveness and partner with IT to implement innovative technologies with broad, company-wide impact.
- Be the point person to evaluate the impact of learning technologies and other modes of training. Adjust and adapt the training programs based on feedback from these evaluations
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- An Advanced Degree: Masters, MD, PharmD, or PhD is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years related professional experience is required
- Experience in the following: medical science liaison, medical communications, clinical research associate, clinical research, clinical practice, academic position in health science research is preferred.
- Training experience is highly preferred.
- In-depth therapeutic knowledge in Oncology is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are also required.
- Ability to network and build strong partnerships is required.
- Ability to work cross functionally is required.
- Innovative thinking is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison