Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Application Reliability Engineering
Requisition ID: 4785190531
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services (JJTS) is recruiting for an Application Reliability Engineering Sr Manager supporting Corporate Business Technology (CBT) Product Lines (Financial, Payroll, Procurement, Sourcing) for North America and Global applications. This position will be based in New Brunswick NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Technology has a tradition at our company in the way we use it to accelerate and drive the products and services we provide. Our goal is to continuously innovate the landscape of products we deliver while making a lasting difference in people’s lives. If you want to take on the challenge of building something amazing for a global healthcare technology company, then this is the place for you.
Do you have a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) mindset? Are you passionate about data? Comfortable digging into code, architecture, and operations? Are you interested in applying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to the way IT Applications are designed, developed, deployed, and operated?
We are seeking Reliability Engineer who want to build and develop solutions to Operations problems. We focus on continuously optimizing existing systems, building automation into our infrastructure, applications, deployment, release and operations. You will be responsible for the End to End experience of our customers and how our systems perform, using industry leading tools and approaches. Our teams improve IT Product quality by focusing on preventative measures through automation to eliminate product reliability issues, and collaborate with our product lines to deliver high quality, high availability CBT applications.
At the core of the position is delivery, automation, innovation, and relentless pursuit of highly performant products. You should have excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. You should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being enthusiastic, thoughtful, thorough, decisive, and flexible, conducting yourself professionally and with integrity at all times.
- Have an SRE mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems
- Work directly with customers/developers/SaaS vendors/architects/product owners to help automate customer issues and drive solutions to build stronger more reliable solutions for CBT Finance portfolio
- Engage in and improve our Financial Services applications — design, deployment, operation and continuous improvement.
- Work to keep revenue and reputation-critical systems highly available and reliable by measuring and monitoring availability, performance and overall system health.
- Perform Production Readiness reviews and ensure operational resource capacity based on business criticality of the application.
- Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it up and running and improve through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Interact with technologists around the world building global and regional services and relationships with some of the most passionate, dedicated, and caring individuals in the world.
BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- The right leader will have at least 10 years of experience in a Computer Science or relevant field, be highly analytical and be calm in the face of fast-moving environments.
- Experience supporting Cloud based applications.
- Experience working in one or multiple functional areas – Finance, Payroll, Procurement, Sourcing
- Experience working with one or multiple technologies – SAP, Informatica, Tableau, Qlik, Alteryx
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Have systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to build, champion, and manage partner and customer relationships as a technical service manager
- Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role
- Mentor high-performance teams, focused attention to performance metrics, procedural guidance and continuous process improvement is required
- Firm understanding of Scrum, Agile software development concepts
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Do you strive to join an excellent team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)