Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director IT, Enterprise Architecture for Research & Development
Raritan, New Jersey; Malvern, Pennsylvania; Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4785181017
Janssen Research & Development, LLC is hiring for a Director IT, Enterprise Architecture for Research & Development. This position is ideally located in Raritan, NJ, Spring House, PA, or Malvern, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Pharma IT Enterprise Architecture is the group that has as mission to improve our future overall IT landscape, in terms of technology innovation, applications leveraging, data harmonization and information sharing to better support our business objectives.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
The job will provide opportunities to properly balance private life and company business demand by being able to provide some flexibility in working location as we can do a lot through virtual meetings and we value diversity.
Your mission will be to bring leadership to designing IT architectures for R&D that will enable best in class end-2-end integrated business processes, for the short term relating to key programs, and for the longer term relating to architectural directions and guidelines. Inspire our stakeholders and partners and engage with them to implement the To-Be architectures and take accountability for the decisions made.
You will be reporting to the Senior Director, Pharma IT Enterprise Architecture.
- Based on business strategies, partner with the R&D IT Senior Leadership Teams, the Business Technology Leaders (BTL) and the Product Line Owners (PLOs) for the creation of Target Pharma R&D IT architecture, taking into consideration the bigger picture of Johnson & Johnson.
- Build and lead a team of architects and help them being successful as architects in their product lines.
- Talent development of the people, both in hard and in soft skills. Coaching them in their leadership skills and/or immerse them in project teams in order to fully understand the challenges that project teams are facing.
- Engage with the PLOs in order to paint the picture of where we are in terms of maturity and adoption of our capabilities. Also, paint the picture where we are in our cross-product lines integration and collaboration. Guide the way in how to become a data driven organization.
- Work with the PLOs to create and maintain roadmaps for all the product lines.
- Shape a vision about how we can globally innovate through technology and what architecture directions we need to drive to improve our maturity, not only within a product line, but equally important, across product lines.
- Partner with appropriate stakeholders in IT and business to identify opportunities to add value to the business through strategic/innovative IT solutions for new/changed R&D and technology trends in industry. Drive high-level design of strategic global solutions to enable these new opportunities through proof-of-concept efforts, Industry benchmarking, etc. Partner with architecture and strategy thought leaders across Pharma, J&J and Industry as needed.
- Create and maintain a community of architects in the broader Janssen IT organization in order to facilitate knowledge sharing and to build a common culture and sense of direction.
- Be a technology thought leader in the community. Inspire and motivate the network to align around a vision and a roadmap.
- Ensure we have a bidirectional communication flow between Pharma IT Enterprise Architecture and BUIT, both formal and informal.
- Understand where we have gaps in our technology capabilities by aligning our organizations globally and engaging them in the innovation process.
- Work with Business Unit IT (BUIT) to develop business cases for change, while thinking globally and forward looking.
- Engage with the FEA team and the other sector's architects for topics that have a cross-sector relevance.
- Organize and lead workshops & virtual meetings to bring people together in order to engage them in solving issues and to drive change.
- A minimum education level of a bachelor's degree in Science, technology, engineer, or similar technical or scientific degree is required; a master's degree is preferred
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in Healthcare IT with strong experience in Architecture. Must have a working knowledge of the processes in scope of R&D with hands-on knowledge in delivering IT results.
- Must be capable of leading the technology innovation cycle, and continually learning about future IT trends and incorporate pilot and innovation programs within strategic roadmaps.
- Must have a sound Technical architectural foundation with working knowledge of solutions in the marketplace within the scope of R&D (such Clinical Systems, Collaboration, Lab systems or Safety applications).
- Good understanding of the overall challenges, risks and trends in the key R&D processes.
- Must have proven track-record in leading and influencing at ALL levels (from analyst to VP’s) in a global company; and be able to communicate both to business and IT in order to set strategy and guide through implementation.
- Excellent relationship skills. Ability to bring people together and to engage them towards a common purpose. Able to build trust and collaboration.
- Strong influential skills. Ability to build a case and story line. Able to inspire and motivate people, also non-direct reports. Be recognized as a thought leader to the point you are invited to leadership meetings for your contribution.
- Drive decision making and take accountability for decisions made.
- Drive talent development in your team. Recruit for top-talent. Access to external specialized skills. Empower solution architects while identifying and correcting non-alignment.
- Should take a committed position in the success of strategic projects. Being able to work across the globe and drive participation and partnership is a crucial success factor. Ability to reach out across functional boundaries is critical to the success of this role.
- Must be strategic as well as pragmatic and be focused on achieving results for business success.
- Must have a mentoring mindset and share knowledge within the Architecture team as well as others interested in pursuing a career in Architecture.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)