Johnson & Johnson Careers
Federal Affairs Director, Consumer Medical Devices
Washington, District of Columbia
Requisition ID: 4783180301
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. is currently recruiting for a Federal Affairs Director to support the Consumer Medical Device businesses focused on eye health and diabetes, the health & wellness business, and medical technology issues relevant to the overall enterprise.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Federal Affairs Director, you will:
• Develop, implement and direct federal lobbying activities in support of the corporation’s legislative and policy priorities related to consumer medical devices.
• Manage day to day activities concerning legislation and regulations to shape the external environment and influence decisions by policy makers and lawmakers to benefit customers, shareholders, and the business.
• Represent the corporation both internally and externally on federal affairs matters relating to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Food and Drug Administration, congressional relations, Administration outreach, relevant trade associations and affiliated patient and provider stakeholder organizations.
• Work internally and externally to monitor and coordinate government affairs activities related to the J&J’s consumer medical device businesses focused on diabetes and vision care, J&J’s Health & Wellness business, and digital health policies relevant to the enterprise.
• Work in collaboration with specific franchises and represent the J&J enterprise on numerous broader-based healthcare issues and activities.
• Work on health care policy and corporate priority assignments within US Government Affairs as determined by manager, such as build and maintain relationships with identified stakeholders i.e.: congressional caucuses, patient, provider and other professional societies and stakeholder organizations.
• Manage external policy consultants, engage and manage key stakeholder industry coalitions, and collaborate with state government affairs. Some official assignments will require coordination with additional businesses including the pharmaceutical and consumer operations.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree with concentration in healthcare policy, law, political science, communications or business administration is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in government, government affairs or public policy is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of health policy experience is required.
• A proven record of success in policy development and advocacy is required.
• Thorough knowledge of Federal and/or State government policy and legislative process is required.
• Strong ability to manage external policy consultants, engage key stakeholder industry coalitions, and collaborate with state government affairs is required.
• Candidate must be a self-starter with exceptional initiative and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time to domestic and, occasionally, international destinations.
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)