Johnson & Johnson Careers
Primary Design Engineer, R&D, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 4782190118
Ethicon is currently recruiting for a Primary Product Mechanical Design Engineer in Surgical Robotics, located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
In this new business, a Primary Design Engineer, Ethicon Digital Surgery R&D, will work a diverse group of internal and external teams to develop the new generation of advanced surgical instruments for the Robotics Digital Surgery franchise. In this position, you will own the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of key surgical instruments in this groundbreaking Digital Surgery platform.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related science/engineering degree is required, an Advanced Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years mechanical or electro-mechanical product design experience is required. Experience in a regulated environment is highly preferred.
The following skills are key to success in this position:
- Experience designing, developing, and launching advanced products. Medical products experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical design and analysis skills, including an understanding of mechanical subsystem interface to overall system design.
- The ability to develop and utilize 3D CAD models, FMEA’s, GD&T, tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE’s, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis.
- Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members and consultants to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Experience translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- You will plan, conduct & direct engineering assignments to completion.
- Understanding of surgery, surgical procedures, and the design and application of surgical devices, as well as the quality system / regulatory environment.
- Building prototypes, products, and systems for testing; along with setting up and running laboratory simulations.
- Designing test procedures, coordinating tests, analyzing results, and developing written reports.
- Conducting and/or participating in technical design reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, etc.
- Analyzing large data sets and conducting statistically sound investigation and demonstration of designs.
- Ability for basic script writing, basic programming is not required, but preferred.
- Strong understand of design control; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation.
Apply now »Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)