Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Commodity Management, and Analytics
Requisition ID: 4782181030
J&J Consumer is recruiting for a Manager, Commodity Management, and Analytics for the Enterprise Chemicals Category.
Caring for the world one person at a time, Johnson & Johnson (J&J) has inspired and united people for 125 years. Driven by science, we bring innovative products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. J&J’s Consumer Companies develop and market brands for consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio of Baby-care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin, Beauty, Feminine Hygiene, and OTC medicines, is worth $14B in revenues to J&J.
Chemical ingredients are the core of our products, their performance critical to the value we drive for our consumers & patients. J&J Chemicals is a complex global category of >2500 materials, across 28 different sub-categories, supplied by ~800+ suppliers, valued at >$1B (2019 Business Plan). Through scale & choice across our portfolio and supplier footprint, the category aspires to deliver value to J&J through all-aspect spend performance (reliability, best / fair cost, compliance, sustainability, innovation), complexity reduction (portfolio and supplier footprint), commodity management, and superior sourcing strategies being its core enabler.
You will support a 35+ Global, Sectoral & Regionally Spread Chemicals Category team across three areas:
- Drive superior capabilities in understanding and applying Commodity Management & MMF processes, tools and input / output content; towards managing the spends for best possible current & future cost. Application would (as example) include supporting the category teams with consultation, process and the right contractual & sourcing tools to support formula-based pricing.
- Own, manage, and keep current the category’s spend, supplier and spend performance data; collaborating with the sectoral and regional teams; and contribute as a core member of the Global Prisma® (Global Data Standards team) on behalf of the Chemicals Category.
- Own the category’s consolidated FBP (Enterprise-Wide), and coordinate the category’s relationship, reporting and communications within Consumer SC Procurement Finance COE, Enterprise SC PLT and Enterprise Procurement PLT; with specific support to the Category’s global & regional team members based in NA & LATAM
Through meeting & exceeding the outcomes in this highly networked role, the incumbent will help the category identify value & spend performance opportunities, will identify value & spend performance improvement opportunities (cost reduction / avoidance, portfolio rationalization & scaling etc..). Frequently or daily, the incumbent will engage, partner &/or interact with internal technical and functional partners, project managers, and finance; and occasionally with suppliers. Through this role, the incumbent will build and enhance broad & deep skills in Chemicals (and commodities), direct materials and strategic procurement within the end-2-end supply chain.
- Bachelor / Undergraduate degree is required. Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business and/or Finance preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of professional experience since University
- Demonstrated skills in Procurement, Sourcing, Category & Supplier Management OR Strong experience in Finance, as a business partner to Procurement / Supply Chain / Project / operations / manufacturing (FPA, Financial & Data analytics, Budgeting etc.)
- Expertise / mastery in desktop analytical tools (excel, databases, tableau or equivalent)
- Experience in the above fields in industries / companies either dependent on engineering, manufacturing, supply chain & operations or in a data & analytics heavy environment (banking, consulting, finance, private equity etc.)
- Experience in complex stakeholder environment; influencing skills; understands complexities of regulated industries
- Either in procurement or as finance partner; experience / familiarity with large scale eSourcing processes and tools
- Ability to lead, influence, partner on projects without direct authority & minimal supervision / direction
- Ability to engage, interact and negotiate value enhancing relationships with suppliers
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)