Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Test Equipment Engineer
Requisition ID: 4779190913
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Test Equipment Engineer. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is looking for a Test Engineer who will support the design and development of robotic systems for medical applications. This Sr. Test Equipment Engineer will work closely with engineers from other teams to design and develop manufacturing equipment that is robust, scalable, and ergonomically safe.
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will contribute to the development and productization of a robotic platform for surgical applications focusing on large systems, complex actuators, structural designs, instrument manipulators, instrument interfaces, robotic setup joint systems and electronic packaging.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and create electromechanical prototypes
- Provide hands-on, troubleshooting, process and manufacturing support as well as designing, implementing, integrating and testing hardware solutions in a fast pace environment with a quick development cycle.
- Create design solutions utilizing engineering methods with good documentation processes, releasing design documentation through an ECO process.
- Establish individual goals consistent with overall project goals.
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team while being flexible, self-motivated, curious and willing to revolutionize the world of medical robotics.
- Other related duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Biomedical, Materials Engineering and/or equivalent experience is required.
- Proven experience with complex mechanisms and automation.
- Working knowledge of high and low power, small and large brushed and brushless motors, various encoder and sensor types and electro-mechanical brakes.
- Working knowledge of drivetrain-related components such as gears, lead screws, splines, cams, linear guides, belts and pulleys.
- Proven experience and proficiency using CAD to design and document both large and small parts and assemblies. SolidWorks experience preferred. Experience with PDM and/or Agile EC a plus.
- Familiarity with making drawings and applicable drawing standards.
- Hands-on with the proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Familiarity with working with vendors and sourcing and quoting parts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of component manufacturing processes (such as machining, sheet metal, rapid prototyping, sand casting, cast urethane, etc.)
- Mechanical design and analysis skills including statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials and stress analysis.
- Strong understanding of component selection criteria, and design for reliability and manufacturability.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic programming skills preferred (PLC, C/C++, Python, Matlab, etc.)
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)