Johnson & Johnson Careers
DATA ANALYST INTERN
Requisition ID: 4757190118
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen R&D, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Data Analyst Intern. The role sits within the Analytics Organization, in Bio-Research Quality & Compliance (BRQC), Janssen R&D and will involve the execution of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics. This is an exciting role in a relatively new team and an opportunity to bring innovative thinking to a team that is fast moving and looking for innovative ways of analyzing data.
The scope for the data to be analyzed ranges from data about BRQC quality processes, to operations or scientific data from our R&D partners and further to external quality data from industry and regulators.
Main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Bring capability and skillsets to contextualize quality data into insights that will enable data driven-decision making
- Assist in the creation of new mechanisms to monitor for quality signals on an on-going basis using advanced analytics, signal detection, natural language processing, machine learning, and time-series analysis
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop trending and modeling capabilities to improve innovative process improvements
- Apply analytical/statistical methods to complex and disparate data sources to provide actionable insights
- Bring together the critical factors of data, processes, and systems to create insight from information
The Data Analyst will:
- Work on a number of data analytics projects and be given the opportunity to define innovative techniques to analyze data and create insights
- Work with a team of other data analysts
- Liaise with members of BRQC to define, conduct and communicate data analytics
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing (Desired Degree(s)).
- Candidates must be available to work (Part-time or Full-time).
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates with academic and/or industrial clinical trial experience are strongly preferred.
The role can be based at either the Springhouse or Raritan sites.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)