Johnson & Johnson Careers
Summer 2019 Vision Business Development (Acquisitions, Licensing and External Innovation) MBA Internship
Requisition ID: 4740181017
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting high performing MBA talent passionate about exploring a career in healthcare for a business development internship. The internship is a 12-week period during the Summer of 2019, located in one of the following locations: Somerville, NJ, Jacksonville, FL, or Santa Ana, CA. As a summer intern, you will have the opportunity to be considered for a full-time position.
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV) is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, JJV has helped patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® brand contact lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients daily across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
JJV’s business development team is responsible for leading and shaping external acquisitions, commercial partnerships and licensing to drive growth. In the role of intern, you will work alongside business development, commercial, technical, regulatory and legal experts, as well as interact closely with senior leadership. You will also interface with J&J partners outside of the JJV franchise, such as J&J’s innovation, venture and healthtech teams, as well as external business leaders, investors and advisors.
In this position, you will:
- Assist with the identification of external new technologies and capabilities aligned to business strategy and priorities
- Support the business development team as they lead transaction activities (including acquisitions, licensing, partnerships, co-development, co-marketing, equity investment or other structures)
- Support thesis origination, target identification, business case development, due diligence, and deal structuring
- Conduct private and public company research using external investment tools and internal resources and experts
- Participate in cross-functional teams of diverse technical backgrounds (marketing, finance, R&D, regulatory, legal, etc.)
- Deliver oral and written presentations to management for new strategies and the funding of new business opportunities
- Partner with business development to meet with company managers and representative of external opportunities
- Support the development of internal tracking solutions to improve deal transaction processes
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Current graduate student completing an MBA in 2020
- Experience with investment banking, consulting, or strategic marketing is preferred but not required
- Healthcare industry experience, or enrollment in health-management coursework, is preferred but not required
- Experience developing financial projections, scenario building, and business valuation is required
- Experience with investment research tools (Capital IQ, Thompson, Pitchbook, etc.) is preferred but not required
- Ability to frame complex or ambiguous business opportunities in a simple, impactful manner for audiences of diverse backgrounds, including senior leaders and non-financial partners, is required
- Strong ability to ‘manage up’ and prioritize competing deliverables with multiple deadlines is required
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience prior to graduate school is required
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 20% of the time is preferred
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship now or in the future is required
United States-California-Santa Ana-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)