Johnson & Johnson Careers
Network Level 4 Engineer - Manager (2 openings)
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 4734190118NS
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services is recruiting for 2 Network Level 4 Engineers located in any J&J North America or Latin America site.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Network L4 Engineer supports global network services across all J&J’s operating companies and network environments including global Enterprise Data Centers and remote sites. This includes new technologies (e.g. SDN, SDDC and Virtualization) as well as foundational network services (e.g. Data routing/switching, Voice, Video, WLAN, IPAM, remote access, load balancing, Contact Centers, and Cabling) within a complex and multi-vendor environment. The role is highly technical and provides advanced technical troubleshooting, problem resolution, implementation of complex changes, and technically guiding others.
This is a Follow-the-Sun Model with 3 shifts. Each shift will cover the global network during the shift hours. Weekend shift rotations will be required.
- Support all network infrastructure operations across multiple technology domains (Voice, Video, Data, Call Center, and network applications)
- Advanced technical diagnostics and execution of complex configurations
- Provide expert / advanced level troubleshooting to resolve complex network and voice Incidents
- Lead and technically drive network Pri1’s and critical issues within shift to ensure the Managed Service Provider is restoring service as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Ensure Incident Management is achieving the goal of fast and efficient restoration of services
- Handle customer issues and drive the resolution
- Provide input to the Reliability Process within the Network domain and be responsible for the quality, technical review and approval of Changes for breakfix situations
- Nurture and maintain customer relationships with Business IT units to understand and respond to customer needs
- Partner with other Technology Services organizations to deliver end-to-end process excellence resulting in more robust infrastructure services
- Focus on Operational Continuous Improvement (reviewing logs, configurations, tools, analytic data, etc.) to continually improve the reliability of the JNJ network
- Ensure of best in class network performance through proactive and predictive network monitoring and controls
- Utilize operational technologies and tools to prevent network outages and provide feedback to engineering and deployment teams for continual improvement / DevOps processes
- Guide and instruct L3 Engineers and other resources who support the network and telecom domains
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience working on large enterprise networks is required.
- Experience with an Managed Service Provider, Internet Service Provider, major carrier is preferred.
- One or more advanced certifications such as CCIE or OEM equivalent is preferred.
- Expert level at troubleshooting and diagnostics and ability to perform advanced level configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure is required.
- Ability to configure / implement complex network changes is required.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure, switching / routing in a large and complex network, DHCP, DNS, IP (Schema, subnetting, summarization) IP management tools, network management applications, advanced WAN routing, WAN/LAN/Wireless LAN topologies, MPLS and other WAN technologies, unified Communication, IPT, traffic shaping / QoS, EIGRP/BGP, multimedia/VoIP solutions (SIP), firewalls, and contact center technology is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Routing and Switching systems; deep understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP) required.
- Deep experience with VoIP, Multicast, STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels), Firewalls (Security Appliances), Netflow, IPSLA, and VPN technologies required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment is required.
- Extraordinary customer service is required.
- Design / Architecture background is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of IPv6 is preferred.
- Scripting in Ansible or Python is preferred.
- Advanced packet analysis is preferred.
- Agile, scrum, scrum-ban, DevOps, lean certification and life cycle management certifications preferred
- Experience with cloud connectivity technologies, such as AWS & azure is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America, Latin America
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)