Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Principal Engineer, Digital Sensing
Requisition ID: 4731181016
DePuy, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, is recruiting for a Senior Principal Engineer, Digital Sensing to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy, Inc., develops and markets products under DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., DePuy Spine, Inc., Codman & Shurtleff, Inc. and DePuy Mitek. Among these are products for reconstructing damaged or diseased joints; repairing and reconstructing traumatic skeletal injuries; facilitating the treatment of spinal disorders and deformity; surgical treatment of neurological and central nervous system disorders, and sports medicine devices for the treatment of soft tissue injuries. DePuy has three main locations: Warsaw IN, Raynham Ma and Leeds, UK. DePuy is one of the largest businesses within Johnson & Johnson.
The Senior Principal Engineer, Digital Sensing must be an experienced developer of digital sensor solutions, including familiarity with hardware and software product requirements and current technology capabilities. This role will address sensor needs across the medical devices companies of J&J, including orthopedic, cardiovascular, and general surgery (oncologic, bariatric, etc.) applications. This role will provide subject matter expertise for the business and lead technical efforts in digital sensing solutions in all necessary applications. Specific hands-on experience developing sensor technology is a must. This role will serve in a cross-functional highly matrixed environment, requiring a candidate to be able to influence without authority. He or she will work closely with our internal business leaders and with external development partners as well. Ultimately this technical leader will be responsible for working closely with the Program Manager and Product Manager of Digital Sensing to develop and deploy successful products. Specific responsibilities include the design and development of technically complex hardware and software sensing systems through commercialization. This person will act as a team leader, subject matter expert, and mentor for cross-franchise and cross-functional efforts in sensors at J&J.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required (Advanced graduate degrees can be counted towards overall experience).
• Previous leadership experience is preferred.
• Experience developing and launching sensor systems is required, including configuration of hardware, design of software requirements, and algorithm development is required.
• Familiarity with various sensor technology and capability across different applications is required.
• Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required; medical device design control experience is highly desirable.
• Orthopedic and or general surgery experience is desired.
• Experience following a product through the entire design cycle and working within a highly cross functional landscape is required.
• Demonstrated experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is required.
• Breadth and depth of technical expertise around a multitude of enabling surgical technologies outside of Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable (e.g. Electronics, Computer Sciences, Software Development, Navigation, Data analytics, Sensors, Optics, Acoustics, Energy, etc).
• Breadth and depth of clinical expertise in knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacement therapies is a plus.
· This position is located in Raynham, MA and may require up to 20% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
R&D Engineering (R&D)