Johnson & Johnson Careers
Equipment Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 4730190913
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for an Equipment Software Engineer. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is looking for an Equipment Software Engineer who will support the design and development of robotic systems for medical applications. This Equipment Software Engineer will work closely with engineers from other teams to develop test software and integrate off the shelf equipment into an overall software infrastructure.
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will contribute to the development and productization of a robotic platform for surgical applications focusing on large systems, complex actuators, structural designs, instrument manipulators, instrument interfaces, robotic setup joint systems and electronic packaging.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Equipment and other engineers (mechanical, system, and manufacturing) on developing manufacturing tests and standalone equipment integration
- Interface off-the-shelf equipment and integrate with in-house software infrastructure
- Quickly implement concept proofs and prototypes, and test on systems
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- Other related duties as may be assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- BS in Mechatronics or Software Engineering with 3+ years of experience, or MS in Mechatronics or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- One or more years hands-on experience designing and implementing software for robotic systems
- Proficiency with C/C++ programming and multi-threaded applications
- Proficiency in Python and Linux development environment
- Experienced in connecting off-the-shelf equipment with in-house software
- Excellent communication and documentation
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Familiarity with an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with computer vision
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)