Johnson & Johnson Careers
REAL WORLD ANALYTICS MED WRITING INTERN
Requisition ID: 4725190121
Janssen Scientific Affairs (JSA), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a summer interns to work in the Real-World Analytics and Alliances (RWAA) organization’s Scientific Writing team at the Titusville, NJ location.
At Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is committed to transforming patient and population health through scientific evidence.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The RWAA organization is focused on meeting the needs of our value-driven healthcare system by using high-quality research activities to assess the value of Janssen’s products and services through real world evidence generation, advanced analytics, and external partnering. This team of tenured researchers is responsible for building industry-leading capabilities across pharmaceutical scientific and commercial functions, working closely with colleagues in Medical Affairs, Health Economics, other evidence-generating functions and external thought leaders. Using real-world data from health claims, electronic health records and other sources, the team develops innovative observational study designs and employs advanced analytics to better understand the effectiveness of pharmaceutical interventions. The RWAA summer intern will work with the Scientific Writing team and focus on preparation of study protocols and statistical analysis plans, literature reviews, data analysis and summary, and peer-reviewed scientific publication preparation. In addition, the intern will have the following opportunities:
- Collaborate with data scientists to gain familiarity with statistics, epidemiology and advanced analytical tools by utilizing large, secondary databases.
- Gain familiarity with Janssen therapeutic areas, such as cardiovascular disease, oncology, neuroscience, metabolic health, immunology and infectious disease.
- Recognize the value and role of real world evidence generation in our current healthcare system and in payer negotiations
- Develop competency in the review and analysis of scientific literature
- Develop scientific writing skills
- Prepare and conduct presentations on scientific and outcomes research
- Gain familiarity with the pharmaceutical industry
Expected hours: Position involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour workweek) in Titusville, NJ.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a graduate degree in the fields of life sciences, public health, population health, health economics, health policy, health services research, or pursuing a medical/pharmacy degree.
- Exceptional written/communication skills and a strong interest in both applied and qualitative research are required.
- Available for at least 10 weeks over the 2019 summer.
- Skilled working with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- Position will be based in Titusville, NJ and involves approximately 8 hours of work per day, Monday through Friday (a 40-hour work week).
- Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation to the work location.
- Housing is not provided; there is no reimbursement for interview-related expenses.
- Majors Targeted: Graduate students in the fields of life sciences, public health, population health, health economics, health policy, or health services research; and medical or pharmacy students.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)