DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world is recruiting for an Associate Sales Consultant in the South Chicago, IL Region.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.\
At Mitek Sports Medicine, we are passionate about getting patients back to their passion. As a global leader in orthopaedic sports medicine, we develop minimally invasive devices and non surgical products used in the treatment of joint injuries related to sports and physical activity, as well as degenerative tissue conditions.
The Associate Sales Consultant (ASC) position provides clinical and selling support in hospital and procedures, while ensuring customer service for existing and new customers, sales logistics, technical expertise, asset management, and product knowledge of the highest order/level.
The ASC is responsible for supporting sales objectives and initiatives, covering cases, and maintaining/managing surgeon and account relationships within their geographical territory.
This position requires extensive travel within territory with the possibility of weekend work and/or limited overnight travel. Majority of time will be spent in surgeon office and/or hospital setting and includes coverage of cases in operating room (OR), coordination of equipment required for case coverage, and logistics related to hospital billing and replenishment.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college OR:
[in lieu of Bachelor’s degree] Associate’s degree, Certified Surgical Technician, or highly specialized selling/medical training or certification (e.g. Medical Sales College) plus two (2) years of relevant experience in clinical, hospital, surgical, or patient-focused environments
[in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree] At least four (4) years of relevant experience in patient-focused fields and/or clinical, hospital, or surgical environments
• One (1) or more years of relevant sales or professional experience preferred.
• The ability to work in a lab/operating room environment.
• A valid driver's license issued in the United States
• The ability to travel which may include weekend and/or overnight travel.
• Residence in or willingness to relocate to the assigned territory.
• Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, influencing, strategic thinking, problem solving, and business acumen skills required.
• Experienced in data analysis and have excellent problem-solving skills
• Results orientation/sense of urgency – ability to drive to tight timelines
• Internal and external customer focus
• Ability to work independently and autonomously
• Ability to work in matrix and team structure
• High level of attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, communicate and work in complex environment
• Understanding of human anatomy and physiology
• Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols and solutions preferred
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)