Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SUMMER INTERN NEUROSCIENCE CHEMISTRY
Requisition ID: 4708180228
Janssen, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Synthetic Organic Chemistry Intern. Janssen is the name given to Johnson & Johnson’s global group of pharmaceutical companies. These companies market both conventional and biotech products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The internship is offered by the Neuroscience Medicinal Chemistry group within the Neuroscience Discovery team of Janssen R&D. The Internship Program is focused on providing college students an opportunity to learn about the role of organic chemistry in the drug discovery process.
The Synthetic Organic Chemistry intern will:
- work collaboratively with a senior scientist
- synthesize, purify, and characterize novel structures
- participate in ongoing project team meetings
- be exposed to various other functions within Neuroscience Discovery
- be based in La Jolla, CA
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a B.S. degree in a field related to the chemical sciences
- Completed introductory organic laboratory and coursework
- Familiar with modern spectroscopic and analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC)
- Prior undergraduate research experience (outside of standard curriculum) preferred
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must be available to work 40 hours/week
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.2 is strongly preferred.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)