Johnson & Johnson Careers
Payroll Tax Manager
Requisition ID: 4704190118
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Manager - North America Global Services – Payroll Tax within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. This position will be located in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Payroll Tax Manager will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Global Services, Payroll Operations.
This individual is responsible for managing the execution of the day-to-day tax activities, the management of 3rd Party Tax providers and ensuring the accurate and timely tax payments and filings of Federal, State and Local returns and wage information for over 120 FEINs in the US and Puerto Rico. This individual will be responsible for identifying and developing process improvements and efficiencies within the Tax group to ensure a J&J worthy experience to internal and external stakeholders. This individual must manage his or her duties with an end-to-end process awareness and attention to upstream and downstream implications; consequently, effective partnership with colleagues within the service center, J&J colleagues outside the service center, and third party vendors outside the company is critical.
The primary roles and responsibilities include the management of Payroll service delivery for North America within Global Services:
- Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all tax vendor Monthly, Quarterly and Annual government filings and reporting.
- Responsible for the detailed review and reconciliation of the US and Puerto Rico Quarterly and Annual Payroll tax returns (940, 941).
- Accountable for the creation, distribution, accuracy, timeliness and completeness of over 50,000 US and Puerto Rico employee W-2s.
- Support the development and execution of the SOX Program (404) by maintaining and enhancing compliant tax processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the updating of federal, state and local regulatory requirements and tax rates to ensure an accurate and compliant payroll system.
- Provide tax and regulatory subject matter expertise and guidance to internal and external business partners (HR, Benefits, Savings Plan, Executive Comp and A&D).
- Drive the resolution of escalated tax issues.
- Review all General Ledger reconciliations of Tax Accounts and Special Earnings.
- Provide support for the annual Worker's Compensation Audit.
- Responsible for the proper alignment of resources to operational activities based on the business needs and the skill/knowledge of each team member.
- Assures operations and deliverables meet or exceed organizational objectives, follows Global Services Finance strategies, and integrates as appropriate with other Global Service functions.
- Provide leadership in the execution of continuous improvements that enhance operational processes.
- Responsible for the activities related to internal and external audits, testing of initiatives, application upgrades, break-fixes, and special projects such as acquisitions, divestures and reorganizations.
- Organize and facilitate ongoing training efforts, and documentation development and maintenance (e.g., standard operating procedures, desktop procedures and job aids) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
- Create and utilize metrics to identify opportunities, drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement improvements.
- Assure that third party vendors adhere to established service level agreements, and provide feedback regarding performance.
- Liaise with Operating Companies to resolve escalated issues, enforce policies and procedures and review service quality and metrics, make recommended adjustments as necessary.
- Sets annual goals and develop effective career development plans; develops, coaches and mentors a high performance motivated team.
- Effectively manage employee performance using established company tools/methodology. Provide input into recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions. Assure that company policies and practices are followed, and set an example for team members
- Recruit and hire staff as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or other designation is strongly preferred.
- 6 years of progressive payroll tax experience for a large multi-state company is required.
- 3 years of Managerial / Supervisory experience required
- Ability to process complex information and quickly identify innovative solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements is required.
- Experience with an ERP system is required (Payroll modules of SAP preferred).
- Experience in developing / improving Payroll processes to maximize efficiency & deliver quality services.
- Experience with other payroll functions (Compliance, Treasury etc.) desirable, and experience in a shared service center environment and case management tools is preferred.
- Experience with the design, execution, and improvement of Payroll Tax outsourcing is preferred.
- Must have a sense of urgency in solving customer (employee & agency) and audit requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact skillfully and confidently with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues to develop ideas, identify opportunities, and influence outcomes.
- Must have ability to work in a team-based environment as a model of customer service, teamwork, and leadership.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead, mentor, and delegate as appropriate by disseminating knowledge and techniques.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)