Are you passionate about working with a diverse team in a fast-paced, challenging, and highly collaborative environment focused on delivering best-in-class orthopedics worldwide?
We invite you to learn more about the DePuy Synthes Team and our Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Our medical devices touch the lives of millions of patients every year and our robust and innovative pipeline continues to deliver on the promise of impacting even more patient lives. You can be part of a growing organization that is focused on providing exciting opportunities for employees to expand their knowledge, skills, and experiences to help ensure continued career growth and development. Our commitment to developing leading orthopedic solutions is unwavering. Our investment in people, technology, and innovation make us one of the best places to work within one of the most admired corporations in the world.
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Staff Foundry Engineer in Raynham, Massachusetts. DePuy Synthes has a long-standing dedication to advancing patient care and has become a global leader in orthopedic devices and supplies, including hip, knee, extremity, cement and operating room products.
Technical and people leadership role within the Raynham Materials & Surface Technology Casting Team that collaborates with external suppliers as well as global functions including R&D, Engineering, Operations, Quality and Regulatory. The position will be responsible for identifying and leading strategic direct materials related engineering projects, ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability of current and new investment casting processes/products. The role involves working with a multi-functional team to develop advanced casting manufacturing processes and technologies to deliver world class investment cast medical implants.
- Lead new investment casting product development by ensuring suitability of internally-developed processes, specifications, instructions and test methods
- You will direct technical projects at his/her manufacturing site and/or with suppliers in the Casting Raw Materials space
- Support the development of long-term strategy for investment casting related technologies, conduct risk assessments and lead detailed product / process design reviews
- You will assist with implementation of cost-effective investment casting material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies at internal foundries and with external suppliers
- Design, develop and conduct feasibility studies to assess new investment casting technologies or process/cost improvements
- Develop creative investment casting qualification methodologies for new product and apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
- Execute Process Excellence projects directed toward Design Excellence of new products, as well as Lean Six Sigma of both new and existing processes & products, including but not limited to safety and ergonomic improvements, quality improvements, cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Provide technical support for engineering projects including equipment design and development, capital project execution, manufacturing technical support, new product introduction and process improvement initiatives with responsibility for assisting with project execution and site partner alignment.
- Support process optimization, root cause analysis and scrap reduction activities related to investment casting material processes and identify appropriate resources and technical requirements for materials development projects.
- Assess the need for risk mitigation techniques given product classification, potential defect types, defect frequency, severity, patient risk, process capability, process controls, etc.
- Determine effectiveness of these techniques on previously implemented improvements.
- Develop business cases for new casting technology introduction and provides recommendations to the plant’s technology strategy while participating in collaborations with site Process and Projects Engineering teams
- Ability to produce high quality and accurate work in a timely manner to meet the production schedule required
- Ensure that Company quality standards are achieved and maintained
- Maintain subordinates' awareness and involvement in good manufacturing practices (GMP), ISO9001, IS013485 and ISO 14001.
- You will ensure that the specified procedures, process and systems are executed by all subordinates and ensure the quality system is fulfilled with the appropriate corrective and preventive actions identified
- Ensure that all health, safety and environmental, industrial hygiene, environmental and labor regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- You will mentor junior engineers and Co-Op’s in the team
- 6 years of product manufacturing engineering experience
- 4 years’ experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment (medical device, automotive, aerospace, etc.)
- 3 years in the manufacture of investment castings or equivalent (die casting, Sand casting, direct metal injection etc)
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings per ASME Y14.5M (GD&T)
- 2 years of experience leading complex projects and multi-functional teams
- new product introduction (NPI) experience
- Related work experience such as sand or metal die casting, wax or plastic injection molding or the CNC machining of castings is highly preferred
- Knowledge on injection mold tooling design / repair (wax, plastic, die casting, etc.)
- Experience with process, equipment and product validations (IQ, OQ & PQ’s)
- Basic understanding of regulatory requirements for the manufacturers of medical devices
- Statistical and problem-solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3) - Six Sigma Green or Blackbelt certified
- Proficiency with the use of solid modelling, solidification simulation and statistical analysis software
- Experience with additive manufacturing (3D Printing)
- Familiar with PFMEA/DFMEA’s, Gage R&R’s, TMV’s, Risk Assessments, Control Plans
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)