Johnson & Johnson Careers
Preclinical Postdoctoral Associate
Requisition ID: 4700190121
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Device Business Services, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Preclinical Postdoctoral Associate. MDBS is the core services group for Johnson & Johnson’s medical device companies, including DePuy-Synthes, Ethicon, and Biosense-Webster. These companies develop and market a diverse portfolio of products in a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The Postdoctoral Associate is offered by the Advanced Modeling group within the Ethicon Preclinical Research Group, Somerville, NJ.
The Advanced Modeling group seeks to design and develop clinically predictive preclinical models that will ultimately replace existing in-vivo models used in characterization of cardiac ablation catheters. The Post-doc program is focused on providing a recent doctoral recipient with practical industrial scientific and preclinical experience. The appointment is for two years.
The Advanced Modeling Postdoctoral Associate will:
- develop and implement clinically and physiologically relevant ex-vivo models for the evaluation of cardiac ablation catheters used in the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- work collaboratively with advanced modeling and preclinical staff.
- participate in ongoing project team meetings, preparation of abstracts and manuscripts.
- A BS in electrical, mechanical, or biomedical engineering required. A PhD in biomedical engineering or related discipline is required.
- Ability to design, conduct, and interpret individual experiments as part of a larger program.
- Demonstrated ability in mechanical testing/characterization of biological tissues.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in data collection tools and analysis tools are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Ethicon Inc. (6045)