Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Mechatronics & Controls Systems Engineer, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Mechatronics Systems Engineer will contribute significantly in the design, development, and support of Auris’ advanced robotic surgical system to deliver high level of performance and safety. The primary focus of this position will be development, integration, and verification of intended robotic control subsystem based on overall function, performance, and safety requirements, which includes both software and hardware considerations. He/she will be involved in subsystem calibration, characterization, and robotic control system deployment. Lastly, he/she will assist robotic control system test development, execution, and documentation.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Integrate, bring-up and verify electromechanical subsystems in the surgical robotic platform, such as custom surgical robots, end-effectors, and other capital equipment or components.
• Perform analysis, modeling, control design and tuning/configuration for the subsystems
• Conduct subsystem characterization, calibration, diagnosis and troubleshooting deployment
• Work in cross functional teams to accomplish system integration and perform engineering verification
• Contribute to overall electromechanical system design and control
• Other related duties as may be assigned
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field
• 2 years of experience in medical device or mechatronics field
• Skilled in robotic control development, implementation, and debugging
• Hands-on experience of electromechanical system design, implementation and integration
• Solid understanding in electrical and mechanical principles of sensors and actuators
• Understanding of real-time embedded control systems, digital control and signal processing
• Experience of Matlab, Python, and C++ programming
• Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
• Master’s degree in robotics, mechatronics, control, or equivalent areas
• Knowledge of robotic kinematics and dynamics
• Demonstrated technical understanding of complex engineering problems; proven ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting; excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Hands-on experience with real-time control system, dynamic system modeling and control, digital control and signal processing.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)