Johnson & Johnson Careers
DIRECTOR Business Technology Leader J&J Medical Device STRATEGIC CUST GRP
Somerville, New Jersey
Business Relationship Management
Requisition ID: 4690190514
The Strategic Customer Group (SCG) in Johnson & Johnson Hospital Medical Devices (HMD) is a critical business function that continues to drive new innovative services and solutions for a broad array of our customers and partners (Providers, Payers, and Patients). The Business Technology Leader drives strategy and technology delivery in partnership with SCG business partners. The candidate will support the execution and on-going development of an integrated and overarching SCG business technology strategy that delivers capabilities to: advance contracting and pricing strategies across multiple channels for the NA HMD group of companies, improve customer responsiveness, and drive a connected systems and data strategy in partnership with commercial and supply chain groups, propel new insights through data sciences and analytics, while managing the portfolio of related transformation programs and projects. This position will support the SCG leadership team, and reports to Sr. Director, BTL, NA Medical Devices Business Technology.
The successful incumbent will have the following responsibilities and activities to drive results in partnership with our business partners in SCG:
- Develop deep knowledge of related business and technology capabilities and solutions to drive customer value within the Contract management, Deal Desk, Contracting Strategy, and Data / Analytics functions
- Partner with business leaders and teams to develop customer insights that influences and supports market growth opportunities
- Provide single point of IT leadership with strong collaboration and influencing skills able to adeptly work across multiple IT product lines and throughout the full project life cycle including portfolio planning, project execution and benefits realization.
- Execute and develop technology roadmaps in partnership with SCG, JJHCS Contract Administration, Supply Chain, and other key stakeholders
- Partner with other business and/or IT functions to ensure proposed solutions within the SCG space are connected to the broader ecosystem (ERP, Data Lake, SFE, etc.)
- Drive excellence in execution and functional accountability with effective management of SCG technology portfolio to ensure timely execution of critical programs and solutions
- Help develop business planning through alignment of key stakeholders within SCG, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems (JJHCS), Commercial Operations, and Analytics teams.
- Evangelize and support agile principles for solution development and execution
- Manage internal technology services levels on behalf of SCG to ensure proper operations support for critical systems and processes
LEADERSHIP, BUSINESS ACUMEN, AND TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE EXPECTATIONS
- Broad and relevant technology experience in Offer development, Contract Management, Contract Administration, Pricing/Contracting Strategies, value added services, and data/analytics.
- Understanding of value-based healthcare, quality measures, payment and delivery models, and the roles of policy, payer, provider and patients to support Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices strategies.
- Deep knowledge of current and emerging external stakeholders' needs (Providers, payers, Patients, and Policies) and business models to define challenges, technology opportunities, and support shaping current and future integrated customer solutions strategies.
- Strong experience in agile methodology adoption and execution across a significant business technology portfolio
- Strong business technology portfolio management skills with experience in driving and measuring business value
- Passionate, driven, leader and business partner committed to creating a culture of innovation, execution, and customer service
- Credo-based, contagious leadership style, with high level of employee engagement, teamwork, and dedication to diversity and inclusion
- Strong knowledge of commercial IT systems including sales force effectiveness (Salesforce.com), CPQ, contracting systems, data analytics systems and data integration across systems.
- “End to End thinker” able to both shape and transform business processes and effectively apply information technology and establish data flows to enable end to end processes.
- Strong, collaboration and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and alignment of needs and technology solutions across cross functional business and IT teams.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience in healthcare and commercial solutions is required.
- A minimum of 4+ years in a people leadership / management role is preferred
- Experience in defining and delivering successful capabilities/products in the contracting/pricing functions is preferred.
- Good understanding of healthcare industry, and emerging trends for driving new market and customer value solutions is required.
- Results oriented inclusive leadership in a complex matrix organization is preferred
- Deep Agile/Lean Development knowledge, training or experience is preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, self-motivated and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics is required.
- Big picture mindset with the ability to zoom in and out of details; can balance both technical and strategic demands is required.
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting solutions required. Working knowledge of AWS, Tableau and Qlik preferred. Knowledge of salesforce.com preferred. Knowledge of Pricing and Contracting systems such as PROS and Model N preferred.
- This position may require up to 10-20% travel, domestic/international
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Business Relationship Management