Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist Histology Oncologist
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4689181016
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Associate Scientist Histology Oncologist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Associate Scientist Histology Oncologist will perform routine and molecular histology within the molecular pathology laboratory of the Oncology companion diagnostics department to support development of diagnostic assays. Conduct the analytic validation of molecular pathology assays. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform analytic validation of optimized histology assays either directly or by supervising associate scientists.
• Generate validation reports and technical reports for histology assays.
• Independently conduct routine duties of a histotechnologist, including specimen accessioning, specimen processing, paraffin block sectioning and staining, particularly immunohistochemistry.
• Optimize development of novel IHC assays in support of compound development programs - Present unsolicited ideas to team leaders/supervisors.
• Independently generate data in compliance with appropriate regulations, policies and SOPs.
• Contribute pathology results in the form of written and oral reports - Maintain timely and accurate electronic notebook.
• Collaborate effectively with Biobank to ensure proper management of samples used by the molecular pathology lab.
• Participate in maintenance of all laboratory equipment.
• A B.S/B.A. degree with at least 8 years experience in histotechnology OR a MS with at least 6 years experience in histotechnology OR a Ph.D. with at least 4 years of experience in histotechnology and immunohistochemistry is required
• Pharmaceutical or industry experience is preferred but clinical experience will be considered.
• Experience with CLIA regulations is required
• Oncology experience preferred
• Image analysis experience is preferred
• ASCP certification in histotechnology is required
• Extensive experience in Immunohistochemistry is required
• RNA ISH experience is preferred but we will train appropriate candidate.
• Automated IHC (Immunohistochemistry) systems experience is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)