Johnson & Johnson Careers
Production Planning & Logistics Manager
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Requisition ID: 4679180619
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Production Planning & Logistics Manager located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways everyday.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The PP&L Manager reports solid line to the Global Planning Business Unit Lead and dotted line to the Production Planning & Logistics (PP&L) Cluster Director. The position is responsible for the site’s materials management functions in line with the strategic direction of the Global Orthopedics Supply Chain organization. Key responsibilities include: production planning, purchasing, inventory management/control, warehousing/materials flow, and Credo-based people leadership. Other responsibilities include ensuring build plans support customer service targets, adherence to inventory entitlement policies/targets, identification/execution of cost reduction opportunities, and the support of strategic initiatives that advance PP&L capability both locally and across the network.
Position duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for all activities associated with production planning, purchasing of direct materials, warehousing and material flow functions for the site.
• Process owner for site inputs into the Supply S&OP process; owns site Latest Estimate (LE) process ensuring its capability to deliver customer service and inventory requirements.
• Manages plant backorder on a daily basis ensuring appropriate communication is provided to customer service and key stakeholders, as appropriate.
• Plant point of contact for all supply issues.
• Proactively manages supply to meet unconstrained customer demand while minimizing cost.
• Reduces manufacturing and purchasing lead-times in line with goals and business requirements.
• Manages new product launch requirements for purchasing of raw materials and in-house manufactured product.
• Works with Engineering/Source/Make/Plan to develop strategic in-sourcing/out-sourcing objectives for the site.
• Maintains capacity models for all value streams in conjunction with Make & Engineering.
• Maintains a rolling 5 year strategic capacity plan for the site.
• Responsible for the management of all inventories including raw materials, work-in-progress, component, and finished goods in plant warehouses and the primary distribution hub.
• Leads the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives and corporate driven goals (e.g. Supplier Network Collaboration, VMI programs, etc).
• Partners with strategic sourcing on all material cost reduction (COGS) initiatives and ensures appropriate plans are in place.
• Owns the Inventory Entitlement process (for all levels of inventory) for the site and delivery of inventory targets.
Collaboration & Teaming
• Works as a strategic partner with other departments to develop the site as a best-in-class operation.
• Provides leadership that delivers business results in-line with objectives.
• Works closely with franchise and sector supply chain to identify and implement best practices in the areas of planning, procurement, inventory management and S&OP.
• Owns capacity planning for the plant, including partnership with finance and make leadership to define Business Planning and monitor overall performance (e.g. cost) against it.
• Responsible for deploying new Planning processes, tools and systems
• Recruits top planning talent and create leadership succession plans, ensuring a strong talent pipeline
• Develops strong talent pool.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or equivalent is preferred.
• Six Sigma Certification or Supply Chain Certification (APICS/ IBF) desirable.
• A minimum of 8 years professional experience is required.
• Experience improving planning capabilities and governance is required.
• Experience with ERP (SAP/APO/SNP) & Advanced Planning Systems (OMP) is preferred.
• Ability to develop, coach and lead a team of planners and team leads in the execution, strategies and realization of departmental and company goals is required.
• Ability to communicate clearly, making the complex clear and compelling to all levels of the organization in both written & oral forms is required.
• Ability to drive & apply continuous process improvement tools and improvements to large and complex projects preferred.
• Demonstrates strong decision-making ability in a multiple scenario environment is preferred.
• Business acumen and financial acumen to drive key outcomes is preferred.
• This position is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, and may require up to 10% of travel both internationally and domestically.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)