Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, Data Network Tools Automation
Requisition ID: 4674190118NS
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services is recruiting for a Sr. Manager, Data Network Tools Automation. The preferred location is a J&J facility in North America however considerations will be made to J&J facilities in the EMEA region.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
As the Sr. Manager, Network Tools and Automation, you will manage the overall functions to provide the efficient design, engineering and service delivery for supported Data Network infrastructure globally. This includes managing the technical solutions being delivered by external providers and internal resources, as well as management of the IT and Network staff responsible for efficient execution of all tools and development standards, delivery processes and meeting of business requirements.
In this role, you will also be accountable for evaluating existing network deployment and operations tools and driving software development to accelerate service orchestration and automated fault mitigation across technology platforms and production environments. In addition, you will also work closely with the Network staff leadership to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions that meet current and future business needs.
As the Sr. Manager, you will:
- Establish and maintain regular communications with Architecture, Design, Deployment as well as Operations teams, Supplier management and vendors regarding requisite network infrastructure tools and improvement opportunities.
- Provide strong technical guidance on platform development, design, validation, testing and acceptance within Data Network Services.
- Provide software development consulting to the network services organization and develop network solutions to solve business problems that will become part of a larger standardization effort.
- Drive & participate in GNS RFPs to deliver best of breed services per business requirements.
- Develop consistent network solution standards with appropriate documentation, templates, use cases and acceptance testing.
- Create & document Scripts/Tools for network automation pipeline and follow the JNJ SDLC/Q&C process to have them validated and deployed in production.
- Act as an escalation point for resolution of complex technical delivery and operational issues Research and brief peers and executive management on global delivery and operations.
- Mentor Engineering staff in network automation and tooling, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan.
- Collaborate with the Sr Manager for Network Design Engineering to drive supportable solution development that delivers automated provisioning and fault mitigation capabilities.
- Provide knowledge transfer sessions with peer organizations and suppliers regarding changes in procedures, processes, documentation and frameworks.
- Manage JJSI staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Analyze existing technology supplier effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the IT and business leaders, and department heads.
- Mentor junior programmers on facilitating automation as a strategy.
- A minimum of Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science Or Software Engineering is required
- A minimum of 8+ years direct experience implementing Network Management tools for a highly available global production infrastructure is required
- A minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience in managing and driving a large team of engineers and providing technical direction to drive and develop business outcomes is required
- A minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated experience in developing software to manage and accelerate automation of service delivery and fault tolerance on network and infrastructure platforms is required
- A minimum of 3+ years of tooling and automation development supporting zero touch and power-on auto provisioning is required.
- Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting experience in Shell, Ruby, Python or GO.
- A minimum of 3+ years in managing and manipulating big data platforms as well as time scale DBs.
- A minimum of 5+ years of data modeling and manipulation in JSON/XML/REST etc.
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience with software/cloud applications, migration to public cloud services as well as application development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure protocols TCP/IP, application protocols (HTTP/S, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as networking platforms from Cisco, Arista, Juniper, F5, Palo Alto, Infoblox etc.
- Strong understanding of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management's, and peer engineers.
- Proven experience in network and infrastructure planning and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)