Johnson & Johnson Careers
PROJECT DIRECTOR, SURGICAL ROBOTICS
Requisition ID: 4673190118
Ethicon is currently recruiting for a/n Project Director, Surgical Robotics, R&D located in Cincinnati, OH.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made meaningful contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. This is an opportunity for a key role in bringing exciting new products to market to support the J&J / Google robotics venture. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
R&D Project Directors, Surgical Robotics, R&D are responsible for leading one or multiple focused, cross-functional team to execute product acquisition or development projects in accordance with criteria specified in performance agreement between the team & the EES Global Management Board of Directors. The scope of the team’s responsibility encompasses market & business analysis, product design or acquisition, manufacturing process design, manufacturing pilot & product market launch. Meeting contract requirements that include: time to market, cost of goods, development costs, quality standard & market size forecast.
Key job responsibilities:
- Strong collaboration and communication with internal and external organizations, bridging development processes, approaches, and cultures.
- Lead efforts to transition projects from investigations (product concepts & technology) through assessment & recommendations for business opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional development team in executing project objectives according to a written, approved design plan.
- Work with partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives. Perform work as assigned by team in best interest of project success.
- Ensure projects are executed in compliance with regulatory requirements (GMP, ISO, MDD) & EES policy & procedure requirements.
- Transfer product & manufacturing processes from development team to operations & marketing organizations at completion of project.
- Capture & disseminate knowledge acquired during projects to improve EES product development processes & systems.
- Provide constructive feedback & coaching to team members & support personnel to assist in skills development.
- Participate as a senior manager to improve environment & business systems of EES.
- Ensure that domestic & global market strategy, assumptions, business opportunities are measured & periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution & initial product launch.
- Partner with Project Management Organization (PMO) to develop comprehensive project plans.
- Establish & assign roles & responsibilities.
- Provide direct communication to management on progress, opportunities & issues. Obtain resources from functional organizations, support groups & outside sources to ensure project success
- Continuously re-evaluate project to determine validity of concept assumptions.
- Foster teamwork, diversity, and inclusion within team, between teams & other groups.
- Provide career development guidance to direct reports.
- Provide individual performance appraisals & compensation adjustment recommendations to management.
- Participate in interview process for open department positions.
- Supervise direct reports. Domestic & international travel, as required
Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- BS in engineering or related field is required.
- Advanced technical degree desirable.
- MBA desirable.
- 7+ years’ experience in product development with a proven record of accomplishment: direct association with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from concept to market.
- Experience in medical device development or manufacturing desirable.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing self-directed work teams.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)