Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
R&D Manager (Engineering)
Requisition ID: 4668180301
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (JJVS) is recruiting for a R & D Manager (Engineering) located in JJVS is Santa Ana, California.
JJVS designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The R&D Manager will manage the life cycle of ophthalmic medical devices containing custom electronics, software and disposable plastic components. Product portfolio includes both on market products as well as new product introductions. This position entails cross functional project management spanning several engineering and technology disciplines along with an in-depth understanding of business principles.
- Manage a team of professional technical employees and contractors ranging from technicians to highly skilled theorists in the development of new products and in the sustaining of existing products.
- Plan, budget, schedule, and complete projects consistent with company objectives.
- Conduct product designs using processes that are compliant with all applicable regulatory guidance and regulations.
- Partners with affiliated disciplines such as marketing, regulatory affairs and clinical affairs to assure adequate design inputs are included.
- Signature authority for all design changes, NDAs, CAPAs, NCMRs, MDRs, Engineering Change Orders, Deviations, Risk Assessments etc.
- Negotiate contracts with outside engineering test facilities and contract engineering firms.
- Quarterly reviews of all reports along with yearly salary recommendations.
- Setting milestones and goals for R&D and for each direct report individually.
- Regularly make presentations and updates to management regarding projects or product development status.
- Ability to work with and maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, consultants, vendors and co-workers.
- Manages the performance and review of assigned staff, providing training and development. Ensures the department/functions objectives and accomplishments meet the organization's goals and strategic plan.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering with a minimum of 8 years industry experience is required.
- Medical device design experience is required
- Experience with capital equipment is required
- Minimum of 5 years management/leadership experience is required.
- Experience with direct reports is required.
- Knowledge of Design Controls is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Power point, Excel and at least one CAD or Software Language is required
- Up to 30% travel is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)