Johnson & Johnson Careers
PRODUCT DESIGN MANAGER, C-SATS
Requisition ID: 4667181016
C-SATS, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Institute within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Product Design Manager.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices.
C-SATS leverages first-of-its-kind technology to offer a performance management system that uses a unique combination of data, analytics, artificial intelligence and human insights to evaluate and improve surgical skills. Combined with the Johnson & Johnson Institute's vast educational resources, surgeons and operating room staff are empowered with confidential, objective, near-real-time reviews of cases and personalized recommendations on how best to improve their technical skills with the most effective tools and resources available.
Rooted in robust research across a team of surgeons, engineers and biostatisticians at the University of Washington, C-SATS was formed in 2014 and joined the Johnson & Johnson family of companies in 2018. C-SATS enables surgeons to upload surgical videos for unbiased assessment by expert surgeons and trained reviewers. Using validated tools, skill levels are then benchmarked and tracked over time. Technical skills are correlated to measure subsequent improvements in outcomes such as blood loss, complication rates, and 30-day readmissions. C-SATS has already demonstrated value in some of the nation’s largest health systems. Learn more about us at csats.com or engage with us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
C-SATS’ systems and processes are on the verge of significant scale. We are seeking a Product Design Manager to help us meet our ambitious technological growth objectives. You will own and manage the delivery of innovative new products to keep the business relevant and competitive, helping us meet current and future customer demands for improving patient care and outcomes. You will lead and drive the product experience process across cross-functional teams of the company.
– Be the voice of the customers/users
– Lead, inspire, mentor, and develop others on the design team and cross-functional teams
– Engage in research and interview activities directly with users and customers, including ethnography
– Work with product managers to identify feature success metrics/KPIs that reflect customers’ and users’ success and product outcomes
– Effective collaboration with product managers and engineers to identify and prioritize minimum loveable experiences
– Gather, synthesize, identify, and prioritize user requirements to make evidence-based UX decisions that support and influence both product and business requirements
– Continuously improve and execute on the creative process
– Develop and maintain a detailed oriented UX pattern library, guidelines, and specifications
– Create and design holistic experiences from information architecture, process flows, wireframes, visual design mockups, etc. as needed to conceptualize the communicate detailed interaction behaviors
– Manage team initiatives, set priorities, manage scoping, and direct team to ensure that all UX design needs are timely executed
– Project management, scope team initiative to ensure timely and high-quality delivery
– Minimum 8 years’ experience as user experience designer, or in similar/related roles, required
– Minimum 1 years’ experience as a manager of small to medium size design teams, preferred
– Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, and strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques, required
– Participate in remote and on-site user interviews, usability tests, and research activities, required
– Proven experience working in a fast-paced, agile, and iterative environment with short release cycles, required
– Solid background with understanding and/or hands-on UX experience in software technologies, required
– Highly effective cross-functional team collaboration, required
– Must be able to do both tactical and strategic work, required
– Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively to influence across different audiences, required
– A strong portfolio that demonstrates innovative holistic design thinking, your end-to-end creative process from conception to delivery, proficiency in interaction and visual design. required
– Current on all your vaccinations such as MMR, Chicken Pox, annual influenza, etc. preferred
– Not bothered by watching surgical videos, required
– Strong sense of responsibility for the happiness of customers and coworkers and adherence to J&J Credo.
– Bachelor’s degree required
OUR CULTURE IS FABULOUS AND FORWARD THINKING:
Being a part of the C-SATS team is awesome! While we remain a lot like a startup, we’re also a part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. In addition to a world-class standard benefits package, including pension, 401(k) match, bonus and a competitive salary, we have perks such as:
– A really, really fun group of co-workers
– A beautiful office space in the heart of downtown Seattle
– Top-of-the-line computers, dual monitors, and standing desks
– Causal dress code
– Exciting and energizing company outings
– Generous time off for full-time employees
– Parking/transit commuter pre-tax benefits
– Pet insurance
– Endless developmental opportunities, including Financial Aid to Education (FATE)
We have a collective success culture: everyone contributes to how we win. Cross-functionally and across the company, we share common goals and work tirelessly for our customers. We learn new things every day, support one another, and we value work-life balance (truly—without balance we will not find sustainable success).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.